Air filter for the 2.0 enclosure

Hallo Team.

I have been testing out the 2.0 3d printing module for few weeks now and everything looks good so far.
Due to small space of my workshop, i notices small amount of PLA smell which was a bit annoying. I installed the snapmaker enclosure without the flex pipe due to space and no air exit available in the room .

The question is :0 is there any sort of filter which can be installed on the enclosure? or is there any recommended type?

I did some researches on air purifiers but that will definitely be taking some the space in the workshop which i am trining to avoid.

SM is working on releasing a filter. There is also one here on the forums that someone designed. Sorry I don’t remember witch thread.

Is this the one you are referring to? : Flat exhaust for enclosure

1 Like

To be explicit, the original post was asking about an exhaust filter.

There’s no pre-built one, so you’ll have to roll your own out of parts.

If your primary concern is with unwanted odors, you want an activated carbon filter. This is basically a box with mesh on two ends and filled with granules. My advice is to shop for the filter cartridges you want to use and design the air flow around it. Carbon filtration media are generally treated as disposable, so the question is whether you discard the filter media and its package (single use cartridge) or just the filter media and refill the package (reusable cartridge).

Yes that’s exactly what I did today, I searched for an activated carbon filter and started putting a filter box from parts laying around.

Will check the performance :nerd_face:

Once the SM team finish the filter will defiantly check it out

Yes that was the link here is the post with the filter design:

Also I know the op was looking for a filter. The one above was a user made mod and SM is working on an office enclosure filter. Just not sure when that will be released

1 Like