Starting Out With CNC - Fusion 360->Luban, Wood Joining, DM Screen

Hello!

I have had the snapmaker for years at this point and have done lots with the 3D printing and laser, but not really anything other that cutting a rubber gasket for an air filter with the cnc. I made a DM screen for my partner in Fusion 360, and am trying to mill it out of wood. Because the wood I have is not large enough, I am also joining 2 pieces together and made that in fusion as well.

I exported from Fusion as a stl model and I tried to get the first piece set up with the sizing and stuff being finicky, and after a lot of work, I got all the job setup and tool pathing done. However, the preview in Luban is nothing like the part that I am trying to make. Any advice is welcome.

What it is supposed to look like: (This is the part on the left)

The End Goal:

Luban is going to show you the tool paths. It’s usually difficult to make out the shape because non-cutting moves are included in there tool paths displayed. Just make sure Fusion is showing you what you expect.

Don’t even try to use Luban for anything cnc related except for wirelessly transferring your g-code files to your SM.

Create your tool paths in Fusion. That’s what it’s made to do. Luban is barely an alpha build when it comes to cnc. Only if you have the rotary module should you use Luban, and in that case it’s only because you have to have the paid version of Fusion to use those capabilities.

-S