Fusion 360, luban, dxf files won't load properly

Hi guys, I have yet to receive my snap maker, I’m a CNC Machinist by trade so none of this is new to me.

I’m using fusion 360 to make my drawings ect. I’m using dxf as my export file type. For some reason when I import the dxf file into luban it suddenly puts lines where lines shouldn’t be and deletes other lines.

The dxf files open properly on other programs.

Ps is there anything besides luban that can be used to generate the g code for this machine. I am fimilar with post processor files as well so changing some values to output code properly is no issue for me.

I run mastercam… Idk what the heck is happening here. The files open fine in other software. But not luban.

Luban can´t create a gcode for the cnc tool. Haven´t used the cnc yet.

Have a look at this:

1 Like

thank you thank you i was under the assumption we had to use the luban software in specific. im new to fusion and im not certain what it all does. thank you

2 Likes

It does everything :star_struck:
(At least inside the cnc workflow from modeling to creating g-code)

3 Likes

If only I could figure out how to get autodesk to post laser cutting projects properly now. Might just post with a cutting bit and do some manual code editing M106 P0 S225 for cutting with the laser iirc.

Luban in fact does create cnc code … It does not properly import dxf files or dwg files exported from auto desk properly. However, autodesk is a much more powerful tool then luban. After finally getting the post processor file for autodesk things are a bit smoother. Altho the laser tooling will not post after creating a toolpath under the fabrication tab 2d profile.

Having a laser profile for fusion 360 postprocessor would be great!

1 Like

Once I get around to figuring out how to edit the post processor I’ll update. I used to back in my votech class in high school … 12 years ago.

This is so much different then the hass and fanuc controls I’ve edited tho.

Thanks for this info, so if i use Fusion 360, i can pretty much do the lot, then just import the gcode into luban for printing?

i get a few errors in luban when ive tried previously, but that may be a mistake ive made in fusion when post processing etc etc.

I use Luban to send my gcode from Fusion to my SM. Then I run it from the SM.
I don’t like running directly from Luban. Don’t need to tie up my computer or worry about it disconnecting.
-S

1 Like

cool, what have you got selected within post processing?

sorry, very new to this

Are you guys doing 3D printing with fusion ? Is that what I’m getting here ?

Also from what I understand you can put your gcode cnc file on a USB and transfer it right to the android control device on the snap maker.

for 3d printing from fusion I export as STL, then slice in Luban (or Cura).

For cnc create tool paths in Fusion and export gcode.
I use luban to transfer wirelessly, but usb works too.
-S

1 Like