Sounds like the rotary module is coming pretty soon?

The new luban release notes talk about having features for the rotary module in it (albeit hidden) and to be unlocked for the next release, so that would imply its coming relatively soon.

Doesn’t look like much else of substance was accomplished except for adding manual supports on luban, but some of those lil features might be helpful for whose having issues

I was low key kinda hoping we would get a new carrot dangled about SOMETHING changing/improving so that is kind of nice I guess.

Not sure if i am going to deal with the rotary module, it will probably have a long lead time anyhow hehe, but at least they did SOMETHING!

I’m sure, and in the negative. The overall quality of the product is lacking everywhere, and I’m sure this rotary module will be no exception. What clinches is for me is that they are trying to sell this rotary axis with Luban as the G-code creator. That’s going to make for a lot of very frustrated customers, and I’m certainly going to leave myself out of that group.

I heard the Rotary module and the Emergency Stop button should be available in the first season next year. The emergency stop button would have been nice to have instead of trying to reach around the enclosure to turn off the power when I realized one of the cables was wrapped around the post as the Z axis was descending.

I feel like the estop should have been included. however, an estop button my my eyes breaks a circuit while their accessory must be sending some kind of gcode command, either that or the tool head plugs into it and then the button plugs into the toolhead slot (which would be a safer bet but the linear modules would still be moving)

1 Like

I just designed and printed my own control panel to cut power to machine (and control lights and fan).

-S

5 Likes

Sounds good, how do you control the fan and the light?

I forgot to specify I built my own enclosure.
But if I had the SM enclosure I’d rewire the lights and fan and bypass the SM controls.

-S

Aah, ok - I will do the same but I am using octoprint to control my machines.

For me it strongly depends on the price point. It attracts me very much (the figurine demos they showed are awsome!), but I must admit that my use cases for it are very limited, so my budget/willingness to spend might be a bit tight.

1 Like

I think that one will be a must for me. So much can go wrong where you really like to stop the machine immediatly… fumbling for the power supply switch is just too slow.