So this happened

So i tried printing with Carbon fiber nylon, print was going fine so i left it unattended. Part popped off bed, it then kept printing, sucking all the filiment up into the exruder! i did not know this was even possible.

Anyway, being hard as F to get this out i need to buy a new module, but i don’t see them for sale anywhere?

any help?

Just email support@snapmaker.com and tell them you need a new print head. You’ll just have to pay their PayPal (I think going rate is about $134 USD?), and give them your address. Then they’ll ship you a new one.

1 Like

Get a heat gun, be careful around the sensor and the shroud.

1 Like

This is almost definitely past the point of a reasonable repair or salvage, it looks like a dog got to it after the melt (where did the nozzle go??). The prox sensor looks half melted and the fan shrouds are all torn up, so it’ll be a PITA to get reliable prints out anymore.

When ordering a new head from support, make sure you ask for the new toolhead (has some vents on the front) it’s got improved part cooling (and some other upgrades IIRC)

1 Like

@nivekmai yeah, it’s beyond repair for the average every day reasonable user IMHO, exactly what kind of pressure would need to be present to make the nozzle come off. Now I can only see a mental image of the nozzle popping off like a wine cork.

wine-cork

does anyone know if TheSpaghettiDetective can detect nozzle clumps given the expense of a whole head… (i never saw the point for just regular spaghetti…)

I think the issue is that spaghetti gets wrapped up and turned into a blob.

Seeing as the spaghetti detective is just an ml algo, it might not even know the difference between spaghetti and blobs (failed print is failed print).

I’ve never used this, what does it do? I mean it obviously helps diagnose, but how does it work?

@Artezio

It’s a machine learning based system that watches your prints via the webcam feed and looks for issues. The folks who built it have already taught the model and it learns more if users participate in sending feedback.

There are two installation models:

1. cloud service and octoprint plugin (you get a number of hours for free)
  2. set of docker containers and the octoprint plugin (totally free and open source)

the cost of the cloud service doesn’t make sense to me for the amount of wasted filament, but for a snapmaker where the head is so darn expensive if it can help prevent catastrophic loss of print head by ‘the blob’ it might be worth it.

I have it on my todo to look at the docker containers - but i really don’t like how they put those together (clever but over complex and not easily managed), so probably will prove out using the cloud service first.

1 Like