SnapSlice: an open-source iPhone slicer and local U1 companion (App Store release pending)

Hi everyone,

I’m building SnapSlice, an independent iPhone app for the Snapmaker U1. I wanted to import a model, map its colors to the U1’s four toolheads, slice it, inspect the G-code, and send it to the printer from my phone. I’ve sliced and printed a painted four-color model on my U1. I’m sharing the project before its public App Store release to hear what other U1 owners think. There isn’t a public download yet; I’ll update this thread when it’s available.

SnapSlice imports STL and supported 3MF files, previews and positions the model, shows model-color-to-T1–T4 assignments alongside loaded filament, and slices on the iPhone using a bundled Kiri:Moto engine. You can preview G-code by layer and upload it to a reachable U1. The printer view shows status, files/history, and refreshed camera images.

Project page: SnapSlice — iPhone slicing for the Snapmaker U1
Source code and issues: GitHub - mon593-dot/SnapSlice: Open-source iPhone slicer and local companion for the Snapmaker U1, powered by Kiri:Moto. · GitHub

Current limits: Complex models may slice slowly or exceed the phone’s memory; the progress percentage isn’t a time estimate. Some 3MF profiles and modifiers don’t transfer, and Bambu/Orca profiles aren’t converted to U1 profiles. Check tool assignments, loaded filament, materials, temperatures, and the first layer before printing. Printer features normally need the same local network; there’s no built-in remote relay or background push service. The camera shows refreshed stills, and model repository shortcuts open the providers’ websites rather than offering combined search.

SnapSlice’s original code is MIT licensed. Kiri:Moto retains its separate MIT license, and the repository includes the other bundled dependency notices. This is an unofficial project, not endorsed by Snapmaker or Grid.Space.

I’d especially welcome feedback on painted 3MF imports and four-tool mapping. If you find a problem, please share your iPhone/iOS and U1 firmware versions, the model format, the step that failed, and the exact error. What U1 workflow should I improve first?