Snapmaker’s Limited Warranty V1.0

General

Snapmaker grants a limited warranty on the major modules of the Snapmaker 3-in-1 3D Printer series product (“Product”) purchased from Snapmaker or a Distributor authorized by Snapmaker according to the terms and conditions stated below:

The warranty starts from the date of delivery to an end-customer for the first time, as evidenced by the original customer’s purchase invoice. Only the original purchaser is entitled to claim warranty.

This warranty only applies to the following parts. The warranty periods for these warranted parts are listed as below:

Note: Parts that are replaced under the Warranty also fall under its original warranty duration and do not restart.

Exclusions

This warranty does not apply to and therefore not cover:

1. any other parts except the Warranted Parts;
  2. any defect or damage caused by failure to follow instructions in the Quick Start Guides and online Manuals, including but not limited to inappropriate, incorrect or improper use, installation, maintenance, operation and cleaning;
  3. any defect or damage caused by an accident, including but not limited to natural calamities such as fire hazard, and human causes such as falling off, collision and soaking in water;
  4. any defect or damage caused by the use of third party materials, accessories or software, etc.;
  5. normal wear and tear.

Actions that will Void this Warranty

The following actions will void this warranty:

1. any modification made to any hardware or firmware of the Product;
  2. abuse, misuse or improper storage of the Product;
  3. use the Product for any illegal purposes;
  4. serviced by distributors other than Snapmaker or an authorized Snapmaker distributor;
  5. use non-supported, unapproved or improper filament or materials with the Product;
  6. disassemble or repair without authorization by Snapmaker or the Distributor.

Notification

Any notification on the basis of this warranty must be made to Snapmaker or the Snapmaker Distributors from whom the Product was originally purchased, even if this is not in the customer’s present country of residence.

• Purchased from Snapmaker
    If the Product was originally purchased from Snapmaker, follow the below procedure to claim warranty:
  1. Please submit the warranty request together with the official purchase invoice to support@snapmaker.com for inspection during each warranty claim.
  2. The claim will be confirmed in 7 business days.
  3. If the claim is justified, Snapmaker will rectify the defects free of charge according to this warranty. If the defect cannot be repaired, Snapmaker will, within the warranty period, replace the Warranted Part free of charge by an identical part, or, if the Warranted Part is no longer manufactured, by a similar replacement of the same value or offer an appropriate refund.
    The warranty does not include shipping costs and taxes incurred for shipping defective Warranted Parts for scrutiny and/or repair, nor for shipping costs and taxes of replacement or repaired Warranted Parts back to claimant.
  • Purchased from an authorized Snapmaker Distributor
    If the Product was originally purchased from an authorized Snapmaker Distributor, the Snapmaker Distributor deals with this warranty on behalf of Snapmaker. If you need technical support or warranty service, please contact the Snapmaker distributor you purchased from.

Appendix

Warranty Request
Please submit the warranty request together with the official purchase invoice to support@snapmaker.com for inspection during each warranty claim. By submitting the warranty request, you agree to the above terms and conditions.

Warranty Request - V1.0.docx (12.4 KB)

2 Likes

Hi,

I submitted a warranty form about my bed not heating a couple of weeks ago but have not gotten a response. Has anyone else had difficulty getting a response?

-Rob

Hi Rob,

I saw your request. I am currently dealing with Kickstarter requests and after-sale requests, so I may be a bit slow. We will identify the problem and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Best regards,
Rainie

1 Like

Did anyone else not notice this in their warranty? Is everyone else ok with having to pay for shipping costs for their defective parts? I don’t know any reputable company that would think it was a good idea to put the risk of defective parts, back on to the customer.

It’s much easier for Snapmaker to make an exception once in a while and pay for the shipping they don’t have to according to their rule set than it is for them to try to tell some unscrupulous @hole that they aren’t paying for shipping a perfectly functional system back and forth six times.

Startups don’t have deep pockets. This isn’t Amazon. I’m sure if you request credit for shipping after an actual defective part is found they will work with you. (Unless you’re the one they wrote that rule for, of course.)

Plus: Every policy like this and every piece of this equipment costs money. I didn’t want the price to go up any higher.

2 Likes

@poundteam

Well said. I work on the basis of 'Shared Risk", and being a startup project, buyers should accept some risk. It would be different if this was the fifteenth version of Snapmaker. We are all contributing to the improvement and ongoing development of a great device.

I for one am having a great time using the Snapmaker and as a newbie also learning heaps.As a first device shipped, I think this a great piece of technology, which will only improve with feedback from a positive forum. I appreciate the collegiate nature of this forum; I have been on other product forums that are just bile traps and not enjoyable.

keep having fun

Doug

1 Like

I accepted the risk of investing in the product. That should be more than enough risk for me to take on. Defective parts should be the company’s responsibility to ship. If they don’t want to spend more money on shipping out replacement parts, then they should do a better job at quality control.

1 Like

Nope, they acknowledged I got bad parts and still want me to pay shipping. No choice there. I don’t mind pointing out bugs and effectively paying to be their beta tester, but I shouldn’t have to be nickel and dimed over $13.

1 Like

Valid point. But look at it from the other side: If you get nickel and dimed and it’s $13, they would be paying $13 x … how many people? They likely couldn’t sustain that. In fact, if they had been lacking in foresight enough to promise free shipping on all those parts, they could easily be out of business by now. Alternately, they could have taken a full extra year to develop “perfection” before releasing the Beta. Nobody wanted to wait. Or they could have paid some minimum wage peeps to rigorously test every one of these before shipment. But that would have driven up the price. Which leaves us right where we are.

I have seen a few instances where return shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser, but new or repaired parts are normally sent back to the purchaser pre-paid. I have no problem with return shipping, but I came across another interesting problem with warranty.

My Z axis was connected to port 5 of the controller module. The port died on me in the middle of a print job and when checking out the support area found out that port 4 is a back-up to #5. The system is now running again with Z in port 4.

The issue is that I have a controller with a defective port and Snapmaker is telling me that this is not a warranty claim because of the built-in redundancy. My point is that I have a defective component, and if one port can die, so can another. And if it happens after the 180 day mark, will it then be covered under warranty because the original defect appeared before, or will I just be told it is past warranty period and I need to buy another controller module?

Yeah, redundancy is not an excuse for not providing warranty service. That redundancy goes away in the more robust configurations on the Snapmaker roadmap, where two linear modules will be required for Z travel.

1 Like

@Rainie: I can’t post new topics to the getting started or hardware thread, keep getting the message “You are not permitted to view the requested resource.” So hopefully you can move this to the right forum(s) instead:

Just received my unit and am putting it together… and am already having problems on step 1 :frowning:

The M4 8 screws provided are not long enough to fully pass thru the feet and screw into the base plate.

As you can see from the pics, only a portion of the first thread of the screw is even visible when the foot is turned side on.