Snapmaker off center build plate (actually printing in the wrong position -MJ)

Hey yall,

ive searched around and havent seen a solution to the problem i have been having.

My build plate was installed correctly, and my settings look correct, but all my prints are off-center by about 20mm left and 20mm front.
I checked the assembly, all aligned and proper
included are my configs and images. Anyone know how to correct this?

Firmware 1.11.4_20210201
Cura 4.8 -

Please post some more pictures. From the front and from the side so we can see more of your machine.

Was it so from the beginning or is the problem new?

I can’t actually remember if it was working right before the latest firmware update. I was printing on glass but had to put it all back stock. Now I’m trying to diagnose this problem before I go back.

whats that blue thing on your 3dp module?

can you jog 100 percent of the axis in question? maybe a switch is being triggered prematurely? and therefore the machine isnt where it thinks it is?

here is my cura setting. the values are for printhead are different than yours. were you trying to adjust something to compensate for the mod you made?

@gspeed its weird can not see that there is someting wrong with the assembly.

@MooseJuice The blue thing is Tones? probeholder I think.

Where in Cura can you choose the type of Snapmaker?

you cant in cura, i didnt look closely and assumed it was luban. i erased that

1 Like

Hey do you have anything on the extruder tab

i wonder if you have any offset listed.

i also wonder if you were to apply one if it owuld help

Have you tried so reset the hole machine?

And another question: Where dit the printhead start? At X-10 Y-10 like you start gcode shows or is it at this point alreaday at X-20 and Y-20?

ok ill try to answer all the questions.

1. yeah i made absolutely sure the assembly was correct
  2. blue thing is a calibration probe holder, i took the probe out for the moment
  3. yes i can jog 100%. 345X 355Y max right max front
  4. yeah my settings are from this GitHub - Kaouthia/Snapmaker-2: This is my archive of files for the Snapmaker 2.0 A350. At the moment, that primarily means my Cura 3D printing profiles. In the future, I may add profiles for other slicers, and possibly CNC and laser related files, as well as potential upgrades you might want to print to improve the features of your Snapmaker 2.0. but the effect is the same using default snapmaker settings or these settings for printhead
  5. my extruder settings
  6. printhead starts at -10X -10Y the “offedge” purge, no problems there

It makes me wonder if machine is trying to use the prox sensor location as the nozzle location.

There may be some hard coded offset in the firmware someplace that got changed when you were playing with something.

i dont know what it would be. @brent might have an idea about that

i droped down the firmware to 1.10 just now, reran calibration and im running a first layer test now. if there were any funky firmware settings they should be cleared. ill update once the test is done

alot of the gcode doesnt change from a firmware update, such as esteps

but i recon theres a factory reset on this thing someplace.

by gone i just finished a print and will look to confirm

if there is, im not seeing it

surely theres a way to define the offset from nozzle to sensor…

looks like M218 is the gcode for it, but im not sure that the values should be.

yeah so the downgrade didnt have any change on the alignment

M851 is the probe offset, hang on theres some info

got USB? do m851 and share the output.

if you do it with no values it should just have a readout

m851

hmm why didnt it share the values of x and y

oh here

try M503 for a minute it should give some different info

if it gives like billions of line try to find lines related to 851 as well as 218

i really want to say just M851 X13 Y19.15 Z1 will fix the problem but id like to confirm waht is there first :expressionless: only because i havent really done this before.

we may have to wait for brent or someone else to chime in to either confirm or change directions on this

dont have my laptop home or id try to figure out how to force the value to be read for you.

cura settings

im good with waiting, i actually wont be able to work on this till sunday.

but ill checkin and see what you guys think

that didnt give the information either. Lets sit tight. you can always goof about while waiting on it, just a lil off center :joy:

Hi,
Brand new 250. It has the same offset issue.