Snapmaker disconnects frequently

Hi. I have the Snapmaker A350, with Snapmaker2_V1.16.7 firmware, and the snapmaker keeps disconnecting from the wireless network.

I have a TPLink WA801 (that connects to my fiber router via a physical cable), that is 3 meters direct line of sight from the snapmaker.

All other devices connected to this access point get 90Mbps connectivity to internet without dropping packets. I’ve given the snapmaker a reserved IP address on the DHCP.

Occasionally it connects long enough to transfer a file, but I want to use the 10W laser camera module to position my job, and I don’t think that can be done via USB.

I’m also running the latest Luban, and have tried from both Mac and Windows, so I believe the problem is with the snapmaker.

I don’t know what else to try - please help!

Sounds like a signal loss/interference issue. What does the snapmaker show on the main display screen for signal loss normally a negative - interger

When I select info from the wifi settings, I get these:
ip: 192.168.1.199 (the reserved ip I setup)
netmask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.254 (the address of the internet router - not the tplink wifi extender)
dns1: 192.168.1.254
dns2: 0.0.0.0
Down: 1048 Mbps
Up: 1048 Mbps
Internet access: true
RSSI: -58.0 dBm

The TPLink access point was on a shelf with metal pillars, which was potentially interfering. I moved it one shelf down, and more to the middle - away from the pillars, and the problem seems to be resolved now. Thanks for the help!

The problem returned. I think it may have been that both the access point, and the router were exposing the same Wifi SSID, and that the snapmaker would switch between the two. I created a dedicated snapmaker SSID on the access point near the snapmaker, and it seems that the problem is gone now.