Snapmaker 2.0 Printing Quality

Hey there,

I printed a stand for a tablet and got some strange results that I don’t know how to overcome.
Please see the following picture. It seems like the layers are not on top of each other except on the edges of the print.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! If you give us some more details as to your print settings, hopefully we will be able to help.

Are you using default Luban settings or custom settings? What material and temperature are you printing at? A screenshot of your sliced G-code could also prove useful in diagnosing your print quality issues.

From the limited information I would say it could be down to printing too quickly, poor filament quality, loose bed/carriage or possibly extrusion issues.

If possible try to film your printer for 30-60 seconds whilst printing as this may also help us diagnose.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Here are the settings I am using:

The filament I uses is from Redline Filaments White PLA.

Hope these infos help.

Hey, i am not able to see the part you have photographed in your Luban.

Please give us another shot.

I dont speak german so I had to guess at what the settings were but the speeds look alright.

Is the model flat at the bottom? If not it looks like it may require better support. If the model isnt held stiffly to the print bed it can move very minorly whilst printing and result in uneven walls

Sorry, here in English and another angle on my model:

That could be it, because yes, the model has a shape that makes it impossible to lay it flat.

Can you see it now? I uploaded it as .png

Now it’s better, I would decrease the print temp a bit, have your tried printing a temp tower with this type of filament?

Sorry for the late reply. Your settings look fine honestly.

It looks like the entire model is printed on top of support material. This is not ideal especially for objects with thin base and tall height.

Could you print using the side with the hole facing down? That would give you a nice stable base to the print.

On another possible cause, look at your print bed when it is moving. Do you notice the bed rising and falling (moving up and down in Z)? If so you should contact support as this should not be happening.

I’m wondering about the print quality comments in various topics. I just got my 2.0 A250, did the classic boaty print, got beautiful results, especially the hull layers, zero defects in those, best I’ve managed on 3 printers now, and using the provided PLA with out-of-the-box settings. What’s causing the variation? I then tried the Autodesk ‘torture test’ print available on Kickstarter, only change was calibrating my extruder. As many have said, I was off by about 15%. No other tweaks, again with the provided PLA, scored 20.5. Biggest issues were stringing on the spikes, and the negative overhang for everything after the initial 45 degree print was awful, lots of uneven layering. OTOH, the dimensional accuracy was spot-on (worst variation was 0.02mm) and absolutely zero ringing on its test. Bridging got a perfect score. I’m running the latest firmware, V1.10.1, and luban 3.8.0.

1 Like

Extruder calibration is a game changer!!!

Print quality and 1st layer adhesion are PERFECT now!

Still wondering why the negative overhang was so bad. Guess I’ll have to do some experimenting. The problem with figuring these things out is that there are so many variables. Slicer? Filament? Extruder temp? Speed? Really annoys me when some people complain that they don’t get perfect results right out of the box, although that would be nice. But, every vendor’s filament varies, you have to factor in water absorption, etc. It’s a fair amount of art in addition to the science.

Yes, the whole model ist printed on the support structure. This might lead to these results. I am going to try it in the orientation you suggested.

The print bed looks fine. On all my other prints the results are pretty nice, this is the only one that did not came out perfect.

How can I calibrate the extruder?

Search the group for extuder. Detailed instructions are there.

1 Like