Snapmaker 2.0 3D Print Fail

videoFirst off, wonderfull product. Managed to create a gift box, and print a 3d model form the MyMiniFactory.com. However tried to print a snapmaker box from Snapmake Module Holder from yeggi.com. I started the print as you would, connect to the machine, load in the .stl model, generate g-code, load g-code to workspace, left everything default except for high quality print which I selected. Sent it to wifi and began the print, went to sleep, woke up, everything running fine untill about 30minutes ago or so not sure, just walked by to check on it and to my eyes I saw a horrific tragedy. The magnetic 3d print surafce was off the bed and the 3d print head was scraping along the heated bedā€¦ Will try and add pictures if i can. Now when I try to auto level the bed it does the first point and completes because and asks to manually do the last point, the Y axis is stuck and barely moves at all. Will begin teardown and assesment. Also if I can will atach the logs from the machine as well.

Logs.zip (70.6 KB)

Hey, I use clamps that the print sheet couldnā€™t rock/knock off. - There is a similar forum thread, search the forum about.

Because of your y-axis issue, search the forum for ā€œbumpā€ in y axis, this would help I guess.

Feel free to ask :wink:

okay, there is alot in that post will comment agian once I read it, i just find it wierd how the 3d print was running perfectly fine for like 12hrs and then all a sudden bamā€¦

Yea, that thread has lots of good stuff in it, but it might not solve your issue.

@sdj544 has a great teardown post here if you go that route: Excessive play in x-axis linear module bracket. Thereā€™s also a teardown video here: Excessive play in x-axis linear module bracket

You might have something dislodged or stuck that would be obvious with a teardown. Be careful, particularly during reassembly with the limit switch, so you donā€™t damage anything.

Another option would be reach out to support, I think they are starting to respond faster than they used to. Support doesnā€™t like you disassembling things without permissionā€¦

i wasnt planning on dismantling the linear module. just breaking the machine down to how it was shipped to me. have contacted support, i sort of just freaked out when i saw it happen and just wanted to get it known, the machin is only 3days old to me, so kind of a bummer that something like this happend.

1 Like

It absolutely is a bummer. Please update with what support says when they get back to you, I havenā€™t seen anything like that posted on here before and it would be useful to hear the resolution.

I must say that no, they are not responding very fast. Lol.

1 Like

Read a little bit of the bump form and tested out to see if they move freely, turns out 1 does 1 does not, as I had already dismantled them from the machine I decided to just plug them into a axis port of a module that was known to work, turned it on and done a homing test. First module worked smooth no issues, second module seems to have no power at all, or is jamed/stuck. It is also very hard to move up and down by hand compared to the other one.

1 Like

Yea, I was afraid that. Oh well, your options are wait for support to get back to you, or wait for support while disassembling the module. Plenty of people on here that will help however we can while you wait.

1 Like