Returns? Is it even possible

Have anyone succeeded in contacting this company for returns?

I submitted two requests and called multiple times and i still cannot get to anyone.

Please advise.

Best,
Kai

I haven’t tried calling them so I can’t speak to that, but they typically respond to the support@snapmaker.com email address. How long has it been since you contacted them?

There is no American number.

And i have sent multiple emails the last two days with no anaswer

Could possibly be the lock down, or you need a little more time to answer their question.

Very strange, so when I write to support@snapmaker.com, I usually get an answer the same day but at the latest the next.

What did you ask if you can answer !?

I purchased a Snapmaker 2.0 Modular 3-in-1 3D Printer A350T with the Enclosure and some accessories for my partner as a birthday gift, upon some consideration and conversation between us, we decided not to open it and return it.

I am just trying to get in touch with some to process the return

Oh,just saw you already have it written in your first letter "Is anyone been able to contact this company for returns?"
I’m assuming you bought it from the Snapmaker US Store?
So it can always take a little longer, as I read your refund will most likely have to be reviewed and approved, will most likely go through several offices, however if you bought the machine at a special price there will be no refund, but read the original text yourself subject return policy:

Return policy
Refunds (if applicable) We offer a money back guarantee before the product ships. If your product is shipped, please refer to our Limited Warranty policy for return and refund service at Snapmaker’s Limited Warranty

If you have a refund request, please email support@snapmaker.com. If your request is approved, your refund will be processed and a credit will be automatically applied to your credit card or original payment method within a specified number of days. Late or Missing Refunds (if applicable) If you have not yet received a refund, first recheck your bank account. Then contact your credit card company. It may take some time for your refund to be officially posted. Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you have done all of this and have not yet received your refund, please contact us at support@snapmaker.com. Sale items (if applicable).

Only regular priced items can be refunded, unfortunately special sale items cannot be refunded.

Exchanges (if applicable) We will only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you would like to exchange it for the same item, email us at support@snapmaker.com. Shipping Depending on where you live, it may take different amounts of time for your exchanged item to reach you. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider a trackable shipping service or purchase shipping insurance. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.

So if you have a refund request for their Snapmaker so this must happen within 7 days as I understand it before shipping and after shipping

After shipping to you, you only have the Limited Warranty on the components of the printer but only the buyer but no refund right !!!

Here again the original text of the Limited Warranty:

Snapmaker gewährt eine eingeschränkte Garantie auf die Hauptmodule des Snapmaker 3-in-1 3D-Druckerserienprodukts („Produkt“), das von Snapmaker oder einem von Snapmaker autorisierten Händler gemäß den unten aufgeführten Bedingungen erworben wurde.

Die Garantie beginnt mit dem Datum der erstmaligen Lieferung an einen Endkunden, wie durch die Original-Kaufrechnung des Kunden belegt. Anspruch auf Gewährleistung hat nur der Erstkäufer.

Return & Refund Service

1. Scenario 1. Within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a Product if the Product has no manufacturing defect, has not been used and is still in new or like-new condition, you can request Return and Refund Service.
  2. Scenario 2. With seven (7) calendar days of receiving a Product if the Product has a manufacturing defect, you can request Return and Refund Service.

You need to ship the Product to the designated warehouse. Snapmaker will examine the returned Product to identify the problem. If the problem qualifies for the second scenario, Snapmaker will bear the cost for a refund including shipping costs and taxes. The customer will need to bear the shipping costs or taxes incurred in the first scenario.

The restocking fee will be charged in both cases, which typically costs 10% of the retail price, and the rest will be refunded after the product inspection.

Return & Refund Service will not be provided where

1. It is requested beyond seven (7) calendar days of receiving a Product.
  2. A Product sent to Snapmaker for Return & Refund Service does not include all original accessories and packaging or any item is not in new or like-new condition, i.e. with cracks, dents, or scratches.
  3. Legal proof of purchase, receipt, or invoice is not provided.
  4. Any fault or damage of the Product is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the Product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
  5. Product labels, serial numbers, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
  6. Damage is caused to the Product by uncontrollable external factors, including fire, floods, high winds, or lightning strikes.
  7. A Product is not delivered to the designated warehouse within seven (7) calendar days after Return & Refund Service confirmation is sent from Snapmaker.
  8. Other circumstances stated in this policy.

Wow 7 days is short.

Thank you, Blauskink.

I do fit scenario #1. I received the machine, on April/13 I only opened the Encroulser box, trying to assemble it before my partner comes from work. I was only at like page two when she came early, as happy as she was with it, she informed me about some news and we realized we have some priorities to take care of. we talk about it and decided not to even open the other box (the machine itself) and return the whole purchase, I submitted a return request right away, basically 3 hours after I got the shipment.

I still have not heard anything, I have submitted 3 more returns & refund request. theoretically, I should be able to return it and get a refund minus the 10% restocking and shipping, which is ok with me, but I just cannot seem to be able to get in touch with anyone at all! which is really frustrating, I should have done more research before I ordered this.

thanks for your help. I am going to wait a few more days, and see if they reply at all. If not, I am really not sure what to do :frowning:

all the best,
K

I agree. I mean you need a few days to just put it together and test it out…

I am very sorry for you and I can understand you very well !!!
I guess because you have built the enclosure together, this sentence here makes me a little suspicious.
And I don’t know if she don’t take it back because of that.

Scenario 1. Within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product, you may request return and refund service if the product does not have a manufacturing defect, has not been used, and is still in new or like-new condition.

But this could be checked if you send it back to the warehouse whether it is new or in like-new condition!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you still get in touch with them!

I got it all sorted out. The support team contacted me and helped with the refund. I only lost the 10% restocking fee and the shipping fee, which was minimal for the overall purchase.

Thank you for the conversation!
Cheers,
Kai

2 Likes