Customer Service

The touchscreen connector on the controller of my snapmaker 2.0 fell off inside the controller when I plugged the touchscreen in after installing the enclosure. I contacted support 8 days ago and still haven’t received any information of getting a replacement controller. I just received the snapmaker about 2 weeks ago which was 6 months late already and now who knows when I’ll be able to use this thing. I understand the delay on getting the snapmaker but Customer Service should at least let you know when you can expect to receive a defective part replacement. I hope this isn’t going to be their normal response in getting support.

1 Like

It probably will be for a while, as they continue to ship out thousands of units… keep in mind that their service department is like 4 people at most :slight_smile:

Usually they respond within 2-3 days. Occasionally it slips through. I think they may be a little understaffed.
Make sure you get the automated response when you first send.
On the 4th day I’d reply to that again and ask what’s happening.

-S

1 Like

Hi @TonyKY

I will try and help by cc’ing Rainie Zou on this one @Rainie

Take care

Doug

Thanks Doug, I have tried to be patient but I haven’t been getting any response from my emails.

Tony

Be aware that the team is based in Hong Kong, and works in the +8:00 timezone (although this doesn’t excuse the 4 day delay).

For people in the US, that means that they’re starting their workday when you’re finishing yours. So emails in the evenings Sunday - Thursday will have a better chance of getting a quick response.

For people in the EU, that means that they’re finishing their workday when you’re starting yours. So emails before work Monday - Friday will have a better chance of getting a quick response.

If you really want a quick response, their international phone number is listed on the support page.

1 Like

I still haven’t received any word as to when the replacement controller will ship. They could at least give me an update as when the part will be available. Very poor communications.

The customer service is not very supportive.
I need a new print head.In the first reply the told me the price and to send a “Transaction ID”.
After 2 more mailsfrom my side I still don’t know the PayPal email address to send the money to.
And of course you have to wait more than a day for a reply (no service on Saturday and Sunday)

My additional questions also haven’t been answered yet.

The support here in the forum is so much better (also from the technical staff).

I suspect that you’ll find that they’re absolutely run off their feet in the growing spasms of a start-up transitioning from Kickstarter to production.

The timezone might also be against you. Based on where it’s shipping from I’m guessing that it’s UTC+8.

I don’t want to put the whole conversation here but when you (as a company) want money from a customer and this customer asks you where to send the money I would definitely tell him.
Time zone is no excuse. I do reply within minutes to their mails.
Since I do need their help I will wait…

I’m tired of people using the time difference as an excuse. It’s been almost 3 weeks since I notified them of my problem. The time difference is 12 hours.They didn’t need any time to diagnosis the problem. I showed them a picture of the controller where the touchscreen connector inside the controller fell off, solder missed the connector during manufacture. This is there second product, they have gone through this before, there is no excuse for not responding to my emails. This is a brand-new unit just taking up space.

i am going to add to this thread to say i am pretty disgusted with their lack of response.

i actually want to purchase a Snapmaker 2.0 but have been having issues with their payment system. when enquiring about this they asked me for some details - since then - more than a week ago i have heard nothing at all. i have even tried calling the international number on the website footer and it simply rings out - very unprofessional.

understaffed or not - it does not take much to send an email asking for more time - that they are at least looking into it. but no, nothing.

they have just lost a sale as i simply no longer trust them unfortunately. hopefully a better supported product is out there as we are seriously in the market for something like this. very disappointed.

1 Like

This is an update on my warranty part status. They finally shipped the part a full month from the time it was requested. I still haven’t received it yet. They do not respond to any questions I ask by email even though they say in their email " Please feel free to contact us if there are further questions." Very poor customer service.

1 Like

Another annoying chapter of my replacement part order story…

For my defective A250 I’ve ordered 2 air dividers (the black plastic part around the hotend as well as 2 probe sensors.

Gues what they have sent to me!
1 probe sensor and NO air divider…
And yes, I did send pictures of the defective parts.

Last answer from support team before they’ve sent the parts:
grafik

At leatst I did grab deep in my pocets and ordered a complete print head as well. So I can work again after about 1,5 months of waiting.

Let’s see how fast they are responding this time.

2 Likes

I ordered my snapmaker nearly 14 months ago received it 12 months later it worked for 1 week waiting for despatch of linear modules for 6 weeks got a tracking number on the 15th Dec for Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport it is still there according to the tracking number nobody answers my 4 emails as to why any suggestions as to how one gets some action any telephone numbers or email addresses of people who are decision makers .

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your having issues. I hate to say this but the only thing I have seen get through to them is bad publicity. Persistently raise a stink and they will make sure you get what you need so they don’t loose future sales(which seems to be there #1 concern)

2 Likes

ok i do have to comment on my previous post with an update. after continuing to get no response from support i did eeventually end up taking a chance and attaempted to order again online. this tim eusing PayPal - so at least i had some backup if things went awry.

to my surprise we received the unit last week after just a 3 week wait. i do have to admit i am simply amazed at the quality. the packagin rivals Apple! super impressed with ease of set up and overall quality of the parts and build.

so - i am very grateful i decided to try again - but i have to maintain their support is really shocking. fortunately their design / production team are amazing.

1 Like