Reconnect "warning"

I’ve had a few prints fail, which started off being intermittent. I’m prompted “The machine is not responding would you like to reconnect?” To which, I select reconnect which seems to do something, but the print cannot be resumed and the only fix is to power cycle. I’ve been having a tough time chasing down the problem. I tried the usb-c connector problem by pulling it forward but I haven’t been able to get the problem to recreate itself in any way other than it seems like the controller housing on the gantry uprights could be my best guess.

If I try to plug something in it makes me think that is the culprit, but on that note… here’s a link to the logs directly Log1.pdf - Google Drive. I cannot upload a file as a new member so that’s the best I’ve got.

Other items to note: The cable plug in the top of the print head seems a little loose. The heated bed cable is worn but not completely destroyed as others have posted.

I just want to get a confirmation or some more information that I can continue with. I’ve reached out to snapmaker but have yet to hear back. Thanks!

-Justin

There were USB connection problems multiple times, unfortunately you need to wait for support.

“18:28:02.567,ERROR,SC,fabscreen.libraries.legacy.lib.FabException: Serial port is not
connected.”

In the meantime you could print over a Serial connection using Luban, other terminal or something like octoprint.

Thanks for offering some solutions. I appreciate it, at least it looks like I’m able to keep the ball rolling while I find a more permanent option!

I cannot find the type of serial cable required for the Snapmaker, could you point me in the right direction?

Use a USB-mini B (to the controller mini USB-B port to USB-A (or what else your PC uses) Cable.