Ray 40 w Alarm Keeps Firing

40w / 3mm Birch Ply / Lightburn
After about five seconds, the alarm triggers.
Gave the bottom of the unit a quick cleaning.
Fire it up… ALARM.
Pulled the unit apart, cleaned the fan, blew dust from the heat sinks, etc.
Squeeky clean.
Fire it up… ALARM.
No fire - heat has had no time to build up - it’s clean.
Has anyone else experienced this and figured it out? Where are the sensors?

Maybe your machine is in a bright environment?

1 Like

Interesting. My SM2 is not in direct light and in an enclosure and I’m getting flame stops often; usually correctly but sometimes I wonder. Interesting that ambient light would be a trigger. Good information regardless, thanks!

I have seen this happen when my laser settings are to high and if its moving too slow.
Also depending on materials, it can react with the laser. if you miss the material and shoot at the Engraving and Cutting Platform it can also occur. the unit will also set off an alarm if your X or Y Axis is out of range. (All things I have experienced.)

1 Like

Hi @Stevepeltier @gjoslyn66

If flame detection is triggered during laser work, it indicates a risk of fire. Currently, there is a lack of explanation for this situation. Here are some suggestions for what you can do when this happens:

• Resume the laser work (if needed): Press the work switch on the controller. Work switch controls guide.

• If the flame detection continues to trigger, you won’t be able to resume laser work directly. In this case, you can lower the flame detection threshold in Luban. Once the triggering stops, press the work switch on the controller to resume the work.

If you find that the flame sensor is being triggered too easily, you can check and adjust the following settings to better suit your application needs:

• Set the correct focus and processing parameters (For example, the job speed might be too slow).

• When cutting some specific materials, you may want to turn off/lower the flame detection sensitivity value to allow the laser cutting process with some spark. Access the threshold setting from Workspace - Settings - Machine Settings in Luban. Never leave the machine unattended while it is in use. Fire safety for laser machining.