40W Laser + Enclosure + New Turbo-Fan + Air Assist + Dark Wood = Visible Flames Detected

I have Snapmaker A350 + Enclosure + 40W Laser + Air Assist + New High Power Fan. I find when I cut some dark 3 mm wood material I often get a pause with error message that „Visible Flames“ have been detected.

What might be causing this? I found that I can turn off the enclosure fan, then it doesn‘t seem to occur so much. But then I have smoke coming out of the Enclosure.

How can I mitigate this, is this something to fix for the firmware?

Hmmm, heat+combustible material+oxygen. It seems the new fan is increasing the air over the material. I don’t think a firmware change is the solution. That would be akin to removing batteries from your household smoke detectors, might stop the warnings, but clearly dangerous side affects.

I’d probably avoid using that specific material.

I just noticed that I get the same with regular 3 mm Birchwood. And turning off the fan doesn’t really help. So is it possibly the air assist pump?

Could be air pump, but I’m not an expert. Try different air flows if that’s an option.

I did buy a xtool laser air pump for my 10W, but had mixed results. Then I tried my 5 gallon DeWalt compressor with much better results, but noisy. Some materials cut better with air, some are worse.

Are there visible flames? As far as i know it is some kind of light sensor. Just take care for sunlight and other bright lights.

I got this response from support:

Please try to enter the following command in luban to turn off the flame sensor. At this time, please always pay attention to the laser to avoid fire.

M2002 T5 P5000

I also found that I had a lot of dust/ash on what I think the light sensor is.

I cleaned it and will see if that improves matters

I think I might have fixed the problem. I turned off the workshop lights and moved the position of the printer and it now works. I guess the flame sensor is very sensitive. would be nice to dial down the sensitivity without a software fix. Thank you for your replies.

Supposedly, you can under Settings. I’m not convinced it works, but it is there.

In my opinion the problem is the cooling fan for the lasers, it would probably have been better if the exhaust air had been routed to the outside through a duct. As the air compressor for the laser provides enough air. The laser cooler fan will only fuel the fire even more when it starts!

Maybe that would be a solution!
Admittedly the flame sensor would then be covered or you would have to lead an opening to the outside so that it can still see. Like a kind of funnel from the flame sensor to the lower edge of the cover and just an opening for the laser nozzle. So a complete cover as indicated in the picture, if the rear outlet is sufficient to prevent air congestion.
And the cooling is still guaranteed !? But I don’t know that !??
Would be worth a try!
40W Laser Bild mit andeutung Abdeckkappe