Proximity sensor

Thanks guys for your interest and support. We have an awesome community. Wanted to let you know that I got an email this morning from “Wujing” at Snapmaker and they will be sending me a new prox sensor. He included a link to their printhead disassembly video which (after watching it a couple of times) gives me confidence that I can replace the sensor myself. Cool!

2 Likes

Thats great news.
Can’t remember seeing that video, could you please share the link so others can refer to it.

@Bluetarp Cool! Glad you’ll be up and running again, let me know if you need any further help.

Just a final followup. I sent SM notification of my sensor problem on 7/17 (Saturday); I got a response from SM on 7/19 (Monday) asking if I wanted a new sensor to install myself or if I wanted to have them repair it; told them on 7/19 to please send me new sensor and I will install; SM wrote back on 7/20 that the order had been placed; SM wrote on 7/22 that the new sensor had been shipped; on 7/26 the new sensor arrived. All in all, I’d say that’s pretty darn good customer service! There was no charge for the sensor and the package even included a $5.00 SM gift card.

2 Likes

Stewl: Here is the link that I copied and paste here: 3DP - dismantle - converted with Clipchamp.mp4 - OneDrive (live.com)
This is one of those Clipchamp things that doesn’t take you where you want to go. I don’t know how to get you there; probably will need Snapmaker to post the link in a way that we can all use it.

@stewl OOPS! The link I posted DOES take you there!

Thanks @Bluetarp
Lots of useful videos on that link, some for Snapmaker 1,some for 2.
As a video on how to replace the proximity sensor it’s a bit extreme, you only need to do about half of that.
As a print head tear down video it’s useful to see all the mistakes they made so we dont have to make them :grinning: :grinning:
Could do with explaining things like which way round the clear washer goes, that the proximity sensor adjustment screw is the cap head one and it goes in the slot hole and best to start by removing the hotend. Good though and thanks for sharing.

These videos were so helpful! My sensor broke and they sent me a new one but without any instructions on how to replace it. Google search didn’t find much until I found this forum. If at all possible, it would be great to post these to YouTube for others to find.