A350 Probe/Proximity sensor fix needed

Hi,

I bought a Snapmaker A350 from 3D Printers, 3D Scanners, 3D Pens | 3idea Technology (website) on 15-Feb-2021.

My 3D printing module is not working properly. Mainly because of the probe/proximity sensor used for calibration is damaged a bit. Have attached an image for your reference.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1wLe93UzPexvaMqSkzHYaCn5w99BS3rI5

Hence, I would like to replace the probe/proximity sensor alone.

I searched online (forums, etc) but, I’m not able to find a fix. Also, I’m not able to find the part seperately, online.

Can you please suggest me how to move forward?
Like is it possible for me to shop the probe/proximity sensor separately and fix it myself? Or should I send it to a service centre to fix it?

Thank you.

Contact Snapmaker support, I think I can only recall one instance where a new sensor was needed. Is where you bought it an authorized distributor?

Hi Artezio,
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I contacted the Snapmaker customer service/support and they have shared me a PayPal link for payment. Hopefully, once the payment is done, they will place the order for Probe sensor and ship it to me.

@sibiinhere glad to hear it. I’ve bought stuff from them multiple times using PayPal links they send me, works every time and nothing to worry about.

Hi did you replace your sensor? I’m in the same boat and can’t find it anywhere online how to change it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Filmman586,

I contacted them on support@snapmaker.com & they sent me the probes after paying via PayPal. Had to pay the customes duty on receiving the package. And now I’m able to print…

How did you attach the sensor to the black shroud?

It was not that hard… removed the screws (please know which screw is for what) (ie. don’t mix it up)… arange the screw in an order as you remove them… take photos of wires before removing them… and it can be easily replaced…

first start with side screws
then the front one for 0.4mm nozzle
then go to the back screws… (remove only those need)

for more details visit:

I mean how did you attach the sensor to the black shroud? Glue, tape? I already have it apart.

You mean the L shaped clamp?! I don’t understand what’s black shroud? Can you attach an image of it?!

I removed the sensor from L Clamp by just using a knife…

There is a small projection in the L clamp… which fits perfectly on the sensor!!
I didn’t use any glue or tape!! Just simply attached them both!!