Printing just stoped

Yes, 2 times.
99% 2sec to go, heat off and no homing, very suspect.
after that i ran a piece which was working, from the touchscreen, it worked again.
Now i am running a print from the touchscreen, which stayed at 99%, about 5mins to go, i will edit if it is gone.

Btw i also see nothing relevant from the logs.

EDIT: its freezing again, ha ha

O_o, i have not forgot, the controller and the power supply is breathing!

1 Like

You could try simplifying the ending of the gcode in case it is choking on something there
Your using Simplify3D?

Maybe the TS is getting confused with some of the comments. I think it looks at comments for tags.

1 Like

its suspicious, the printer ran the whole day, with the same comments.- i adjusted settings on the print but the whole thing is the same. i run now another test which worked 6hours ago, 20min to pass.

Double check that all your wiring connections are good.
Back in awhile…gotta mow the lawn! :slight_smile:

1 Like

it worked again, i will try the same data which worked now. (i saved it because of beeing the best of the test data)

O_o it could be that the file name has too many characters?!- that could be the issue. i ran far test prints, the file names are getting longer with the time.

I think i found it. Not knowing how it happened but in the end gcode was a swap to a other line like this:
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before
lifting the nozzle to release some of the pressure

It was quite before homing so, i am sure, that was the issue.- I will try a again, to figure out.

EDIT: I found it, it was the swapped line in Simplify3d end-gcode.
Now i have deleted the comments and it works fine!
Thanks @Tone!

3 Likes

I just had a similar issue on my 50H print that was 62% complete. :cry:

After finally getting my print bed sort of level with the help of the wonderful members of this forum, I started printing a fairly large job covering most of my A350’s bed, adhesion was OK, I still had to manually jog the Z axis .15 to print in the front left corner for the first layer, but after that I was able to return Z offset to 0. Fast forward some 30 odd hours later and I wake up this morning to the printer running (bed and nozzle hot) but at the main Snapmaker splash screen with the start option. I tapped “Start” and there were no files on the internal storage nor the flash drive I had my Gcode saved to. I decided to pull the power to try and use power loss recovery, Snapmaker turns back on and asks about resuming I press “yes” and the printer re-homes and begins heating the extruder and bed, once everything is back to temperature the nozzle returns to its last position and the touch screen updates to 62% but then flashes and displays an error “FabScreen ha stopped” then the touch screen reboots and displays a warning “Hardware not responding. would you like to reconnect?” I attempted to reconnect but get kicked back out to the same “Hardware not responding” page. At this point I attempted to trigger the power loss restore again by unplugging / re-plugging but I get the same behavior.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had similar problems.
Sometimes the touchscreen did not start after power loss, I actually lost all gcodes on the touchscreen and had also this printer response warning saying reconnect and shutting down the app of the touchscreen saying not reacting.
Sometimes it helps to unplug and replug the touchscreen from the controller, to activate and start it again. This is a huge bug.

1 Like

What slicer did you use? I think Simplify3D makes it possible to restart at individual layers because it zero’s the E out in between each layer.

1 Like

My touchscreen has done the same thing as noted above with the app force closing.

Ive been using Luban most recently 3.4.2, but i’m looking at other slicers. I hear alot about Simplify 3D but havent had the chance to try yet. I took the failure as an opportunity to calibrate my extruder and im zeroing in on fully leveling the bed tonight before I try another large print. Always more stuff to learn and tinker with in this hobby.

Thanks all, happy printing.

2 Likes

I use Prusa Slicer and have been happy with it. Try it before you spend the money on S3D.

5 Likes

Which version of firmware you are using? First thing, please update the latest firmware via this link:SM2 firmware.

Please export the log file and send it to Snapmaker Team. Please contact support@snapmaker.com

I’m using FW version 1.7.1.1 so already the latest. I’ve grabbed the log and ill reach out to support tonight.

I am working on this and will offer the solution later. Thank you for your files. Can you send me some pictures of this issue?

I actually have video of the issue, these two videos are from after triggering the resume on power failure, and a second attempt at triggering the resume on power failure.

Beyond that I just had the same print stop, but this time job was sent over terminal via Octoprint. Looking at the Octoprint logs the terminal connection is just dropped. The print died a few layers earlier this time but the print head stopped in nearly the same spot. It occurs to me I should look at the Snapmaker logs as well, as even though the job was not run from local storage the moves are likely captured by the internal logging.

I will post these tomorrow as it is late and I am over the Snapmaker for tonight.

Thank you for your information and videos. In the email, I told you that we noticed something abnormal and still working on it. I will forward these two videos to our engineers. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Hi, getting the same issue here although with the laser tool head.

I’ve downloaded the new firmware but there’s no way to progress past the Warning screen, and plugging in through USB the machine says it’s not ready…

Here is Edwin.

The controller is defective. But the reason is not clear since you just swapped a toolhead.

Just wondering, can you roll back the firmware update to resolve the problem?
I am sure you may have already tried this, and curious what resulted.
I was going to update to the latest, but now I am concerned to update.
Thank you

PJ