Print Offset After Filament Change

I’ve tried everything I know how, and can’t figure this one out so I’m hoping someone else has seen this before.

Overall, my A350 is printing perfectly, no issues. However, when I have either a filament runout or use an M600 to change filament colors, the print never restarts in the correct spot the second time. I’ve tried changing STLs, manually putting an M600 into an STL out of Luban, I’ve tried slicing out of PrusaSlicer with the M600 inserted directly, I’ve tried changing the size, the line thickness, the print speed, making sure there’s no movement of the bed at all, recalibrating…

Is there any reason the print head would consistently become offset during a pause/restart in printing?

Did you try with different firmware?
What firmware are you on?
I would suggest to reach out to support@snapmaker.com and or make a request on github.
GitHub - Snapmaker/Snapmaker2-Controller: Snapmaker2-Controller is the firmware for Snapmaker 2.0 3-in-1 3D Printers.

Thanks for the response, xchrisd. I have opened a case with Snapmaker and it looks like they are going to replace the controller, but they haven’t been able to pin down what is causing the issue so no guarantees that it’ll fix it. We’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Thought it was just me doing something wrong. I’ll try the firmware update first to see if that helps.

FWIW, nothing has helped. I’ve now upgraded every piece I can, and tried every version of firmware, and nothing works. Support is shipping me a replacement controller and we’ll see if that makes a difference.

You’re not the only person to experience this. I suspect the touchscreen is messing up a coordinate offset somewhere, but it’s closed source to very difficult to troubleshoot. Something may show up in the exported touchscreen logs.

1 Like

To close out this issue, replacing the controller fixed the problem. I’ve had zero issues with pause and resume since I replaced it, no matter how it’s initiated. I can use an M600 embedded into a PrusaSlicer GCODE, I can use the pause and resume buttons from the UI, everything works as intended.

I have no idea what failed in the original controller, or if it’s reparable rather than just replacing, but the total cost to fix was ~$100 since my printer was out of the one year warranty period.

3 Likes