Print does not stick

I have even a sorry strange problem
at first, till last time use, everything really stuck to the bed.
now after having not used for three weeks the filament doesn’t stick at all anymore
i calibrated the bed up and down etc but nothing attaches

anybody had something similar

ron

Hey Ron!

If you’re using PLA it may be that it absorbed too much moisture. Try baking it in the oven for an hour at 50 degrees C. Make sure the oven isn’t too hot as it can change the properties of the plastic.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Greg

I’ve had so much problem with sticking especially with PLAG. I played with it for days, wasted much of my filament. I finally got it to hold, most of the time by increasing the initial layer line width as well as the flow. 120% on both. With that said, I may have gotten closer to solving the stick issue and nowhere close to optimized for other effects. Will need to fine tune a bit more.

I am also getting a lot of stringing or webbing especially when printing with PLAG, not sure the right term.

It was impossible for me to get Snapmaker’s PLA to stick to its pad, not even the first layer. I’ve tried different temp and thickness. I’d use blue type and magicstick. I also had the same problem when I switched over to PLAG, but I found that it works better after I switched to using the pad that came with the filament. When it works, Snapmaker is a pretty clean system, but the details in the design is really nothing good to talk about.

Hey @foruonlyfrom007, what printer do you use?
Have you calibrated the bed well?- this is crucial in this point.

Well, if your calibration is very accurate, you could try to print the first layer very slow,- like 20mm/sec or less. extrusion height and width (120%) will also help to stick.
Don´t forget to heat the bed! I use 60°C most of my prints.

You also could use a raft for special models with a small base to better stick.
I print every time one line brim 5mm away around the model to be sure the filaments coming out.

If your filament doesn´t stick anyway AND your calibration is really fine, i would try to use gluestick.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Rotate the model by 90°, and then print, or increase the initial layer line width to 120% + reduce the print speed of the first layer to 12mm/s measures to improve the non-stick platform of the model.

2 Likes

How do you turn on rafts in luban? I tried customize and it shows a good number of settings but I am not allowed to change them.

never mind I figured it out.

You have to click the gear or plus sign depending on what luban you have and make a new profile.

I wish Snapmaker would just let you change the settings and when you do automatically switch to “custom” so you can still fall back but we dont have to go thru this a thousand times lol

1 Like