Popping noise during first few layers?

Thanks @WilliamBosacker for understanding this is weird and not assuming it is me :slight_smile:

FWIW
I saw the first instance on 1.12.1
And this second instanced on 1.12.2
(i have never run any other firmwares as this is only 4 weeks built)

And both times the device was powered on from cold, file sent via wifi, touchscreen initiated print.
I stupidly recalibrated before looking at M503 or M420V (sorry, i was panicking) to see if any settings got lost / modified.

ā€“editā€“
I guess I could print something via touchscreen, power off, power back on and the look at settings - will do that later today. I can do that say 3 times incase there is time vector to this, will leave it powered off for the same time as my dinner yesterday :slight_smile:

@WilliamBosacker does your machine being down have to do with the high speed tests? :wink:

@scyto as William said, did you do a home before turning it off?(not supposed to) And did you home after turning it back on before printing?(supposed to)

@Artezio

Before turning off - explicitly no, but it returns to home after touchscreen initiated print is finished.
Before printing - explicitly, not but when one connects initially via wifi it homes. (actually i need to test that, was gonna not post until i tested, but in middle of 3 hours print, so i reserve the right to be wrong). :wink: i also think it homes before every print initiated from touchscreen but would need to verify that for definite.

Now are these the same as doing home via gcode? who the heck knows! we already know that the gcode to start calibration and what the touchscreen does is not the sameā€¦

I have a suspicion that the touchscreen can bypass gcode code paths to direct the controller directlyā€¦ but thatā€™s just a guessā€¦

I was kidding, it was a joke lol.

Iā€™m still trying to understand this whole part. I donā€™t see why it would cause an issue. I was going off of what I was told before, it seems Iā€™m getting confused. I spent my entire day yesterday browsing the source code looking for any inclination to why it would be left in an invalid state, didnā€™t see anything that stood out.

Iā€™ve noticed mine no longer homes when connecting to WiFi after the added feature of it remembering the computer and no longer needing to verify on the touchscreen. But I havenā€™t paid attention if it does require it between power cycles.

@WilliamBosacker yeah I know about the touchscreen, I was looking for any clues that referenced anything about the touchscreen and took down notes and many many screenshots. I found a few parts that I made especial notes of, for reference to look at when we actually do get the touchscreen source code (thatā€™s a big IF).

I also found numerous instances of intentionally misspelled defined events. Thereā€™s only one reason for them to be misspelled, and thatā€™s when the correct spelling is already defined somewhere else, most likely in Marlins code itself.

I think they have side stepped a TON of Marlins failsafes and gone around them. Possibly causing issues we see.