Persistently re-adjust z offset

Bed leveling in general works well enough for me (could be better, but well…). However, I fail to get a consistent result for the final z-offset. After setting this at the end of the touch screen calibration process I experience different results. Sometimes I need to adjust it by 1.35mm other times by 1.85mm or anything in-between. I just repeated this:

1. Power on the machine
  2. Perform the calibration process
  3. Power off

One could argue that the proximity sensor is broken, but I get repeatable results for the whole surface once the z offset is right. I either adjusted the z offset afterwards in software (z offset plugin in Cura) or repeated the calibration process until the first layer sticks well to the print bed. Later made me waste two print sheets already because the nozzle was too close to the print bed. Once the z offset is set I get consistent results over weeks of printing. Obviously, I would prefer the auto calibration procedure to just work, but in the meanwhile I would be fine to have an option to re-adjust it permanently rather then setting it in the GCode file. So that I don’t have to re-slice all files every time.

TLDR: Is there a way to permanently change/re-adjust the z offset in Snapmaker 2.0 without performing the auto level calibration procedure? I mean at least until the next auto level calibration procedure.

That detail was new to me. This actually survives a power cycle?