How to set z-offset via Octoprint?

Put my 3dp back on after a lot of CNC and wanted to get Octoprint fully setup like I have it going for my Ender 3. Only issue at this point is understanding when to set z-offset and where so that it persists between jobs and ideally, I don’t have to think about it when I print from different places. I can print great from Luban wifi or local, but jobs sent from Octoprint thus far are not adhering, and I’m pretty certain at this point it’s due to that z-offset not coming across.

I know how to send terminal commands from Octoprint, and have played with a couple, but have not seen a difference yet in results. Also thinking about adding to the start gcode, but I’m worried that it will be a cumulative effect.

Was looking at your post @brent113 and thinking G1029 is the best? You using Octoprint by chance?

I use OctPrint all the time and detailed how I do Z leveling in this post.

2 Likes

Awesome, gonna hack my start codes!

Hope you have success with it. Been working very well for me since I set it up. I get very consistent first layer even after bed changes which I can watch being put down from my chair in the lounge via the OctoPrint camera :smiley:

You do need to adjust the Z offset that you get from counting how far down you take the Z axis at the end of the standard manual calibration. Had to do it today after fixing leaking hot end (usual incorrect build). Needed to make the value about 0.3mm smaller. For the manual calibration I moved the Z axis down 0.9mm so I set the Z offset in OctoPrint to -1.2mm but go conservative!

1 Like