New quick toolhead change print

I’ve had no problems with cnc. (well, except for when I tried to do a 2mm step down with a 1/4" bit in some really hard knotty oak and ended up having to adjust the play in my x-axis) Can’t push step-down as much as I like but other than being a little slow had no problems with results.

![BD33A816-B519-4BC1-A092-B9C64EC0F80F|500x500]

-S

6 Likes

wow you guys are amazing!

@sdj544 I will go down on my knees and honor to you!!! :+1:
@MooseJuice Let us take a little break and then we (perhaps i meant me) be back to the frontline again.
thanks for your words! For you and perhaps your family? stay clean and healty and have a nice 2021
STEFIX

1 Like

You post some of the best makes I have ever seen. How did you get the fine details on the angled edges of those beer tap handles?

I just want to drink this beer!!!

1 Like

Thanks!
A lot of tool paths with smaller and smaller bits. Start with 1/4" for clearing and work my way down to .8mm. A couple of them were around 6 or 7 tool paths plus contour to cut out. I measured the bits to where the shoulder starts so I get as much length as possible. A lot of bit profiles (including SM) lists their cutting length and you an actually push them beyond that. If you want to cut really deep (without a lot of planning) you end up limited to the shaft width. So the nativity I was only able to use 3.175mm ball end for final pass. Other than getting stock to starting size rectangular block I used SM for everything (including cutting slate) - no band saw or scroll saw.
Been trying to put together a walk through, but too busy making stuff. Just got recalled from furlough so not sure when that will happen now.
-S

2 Likes

But it’s on an agle, did you put your pice in a jig to hold it at the right angle? And then cut each face individually?

2 Likes

Lmao Glad to find out I’m not the only person grilling him over the dirty details hahaha

Sdj has a very good understanding of the tools and how to use them effectively. It’s very impressive

2 Likes

No. Ball end with pocket clearing path does it pretty smoothly. A little bit of sanding to remove the tool marks.

-S

2 Likes