New filament problems

Hi,
I finished Snapmaker filament that was sent with printer. So I tried using new one that I bought - Prusament PLA, but I have several problems

1. Hotend is blocked and I can’t figure how to clean it. So I for now installed second hotend that was sent - there is no official guide to changing hotend, I found some videos randomly on forum and somehow did it. Are there some steps to check how high it is? I just put new one there, tighten screw and that’s it … I feel like I should do more
  2. After installing new hotend I redid calibration - but for some reason filament is sometimes not sticking to bed and I can’t figure why. no matter how I redo calibration it still won’t stick to bed.

Bonus: All links in Snapmaker 2.0 FAQ Page are dead

1 Like

I’ve had a similar experience with bed adhesion. Snapmaker filament i had the issue with it being welded to the bed and really difficult to remove. switched to dark blue amazon basics PLA and had issues with it not adhering in places and sometimes causing print failure due to it letting go (to the point i wrecked a hotend). Extruder calibration and reducing the initial bed temperature has made a real difference with that filament. Reduced the bed to 65degrees and voila no more adhesion issues and the prints are superior to the snapmaker filament.

1 Like