New 3D toolhead hotend

@Edwin

Before I replaced my 3D printing toolhead with the 2.5 version I bought a few spare hotend kits. Are the older replacement hotend kits compatible with the newer toolhead? Or will I now need to purchases 2.5-specific hotend kits?

I don’t want to take my current setup apart just to find out, seeing as its mostly working well for now.

As far as I know, the new hotend is the one being shipped when people order the spares. It’s the one I received when I ordered it from the Snapmaker store on Amazon. But for ones you bought earlier they should work in the new head

2 Likes

The original snakmaker 2 hotends will work in the new 3d module. They are just a bit wider.

2 Likes

I have to make it clear in this post.

We have put the newly-designed hot end kit in our online store, which can be used in the original 3D printing module and the upgraded one. It is a little wider than the old hot end kit.

User cannot buy the old hot end kit now. The old one cannot be used in the upgraded 3D printing module.

Cheers
Edwin

Well, I did it, and it worked for me. Guess I don’t need to buy and new hotend kits just yet

Just realized that the old hot end kits I purchased as spares, won’t work with the new module :frowning:

The nozzle and the sensor will be too far apart (more than the thickness of a credit card), even if you lower the sensor to the lowest point.

2 Likes

@TheBlackfish yeah that’s a bit of a pain. I’ve never had the old version so I can’t say for sure but people have stated that they still fit into the new head, but apparently it wasn’t taken into account how the sensor can’t be adjusted to it.