Need Help with 3D Printing!

I was working about 9 hours today and tried to figure it out but I couldn’t. Maybe someone can help me.

I have a logo, which is a jpg.
I transformed it to sag and with with a CAD program I saved it as SLT.

After that I opened it with Luban, it looked quiet good.

I wanted to print it as 3d, and use it similar to a stamp, to put it on the carton boxes I send my products with.

Initially I wanted to just buy a stamp on the internet but then I thought hey lets do it with the Snapmaker.

I will go and laser engrave them now BUT as maybe in the future I want to print something I really could need some help how to do that.

In the picture you can see the "result (I canceled the process after 20minutes).

But if I would have finished it, the end product would be useless because the parts of the logo are not connected and would fall apart when take of the heated plate…

So what would I need to do in order to get a result I could use as a stamp for example?

![Logo 1 Kopf|310x228]

What does it look like as an stl?
Is that the full logo on the right? If it is you need to add a shape as the base/backing for it. Then you could have that extruding and be the stamping part.
Not enough info to really tell you what to do.
-S

Hey, yeah that’s the full logo basically.
ok, I guess I need to figure out a way how to draw that base then…

here some pictures how it looks in LubanBildschirmfoto 2021-03-14 um 09.04.30 Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-14 um 09.04.53 Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-14 um 09.05.20

Basically what you’re printing right now is 12 separate items.
You could print a raft, but it’s going to be way too thin and flexible.

-S

What software did you design it in?

The easy workaround is to add a raft to your print of a few layers. Then you automatically get a base.

What will you attach it to to actually use it to stamp something?

Yeah, a raft would be a good start.

You can also load the image in something like OpenSCAD and use linear-extrude to made a 3-D projection of the image. Then union it onto a cube to serve as the base.
Creating rubber stamps with OpenSCAD
something similar from one of the ‘maker’ rags

I already changed now to my laser head again… BUT also here I have some issues, or more questions…

Down you can see the logo I would like to engrave on a carton box. I made a lot of trials… but each one took around 20minutes… This seems to be a long time for such a simple logo…

I tried Black and White, greyscale and vector, different speeds, laser powers, horizontal vertical laser movement…

Is it possible that this logo takes that much time?

Yes. Generally.
If your power is at 100%, and your speed is then set as fast as you can and still get the darkness you want.
For me vector with fill runs the fastest. (optimize path turned on)
You can try lowering the density to half and that will go twice as fast (half the passes) as full. Then check if the quality and detail is still satisfactory.

Lightburn might be able to do more efficient paths.
Maybe someone with lightburn can chime in.

-S

1 Like