Snapmaker Accessories Storage Box

I created a box for all the accessories that come with the snapmaker a few months ago. Feel free to check it out. Any suggestions to improve the model are welcome.

Here the link to Thingiverse:
Snapmaker Accessories Storage Box

IMG_6200

4 Likes

Thank you @Creater
I liked your 3rd version 1.3 where you added the option for an additional nozzle. I then added the Snapmaker logo to the front. Thank you very much for this, it works excellent!

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback. I really like your version with the snapmaker logo. Also the filament color is nice. Is this a special kind if filament or just PLA in grey?

Just PLA in grey. Please let me know if you need any of the files. I think I mentioned that I used the Snapmaker logo from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2763252 by Michael Paschek (@rojaljelly).
Regards
Waldo

Is it difficult to bring to logo onto my box? I am releasing a new version soon and it would be cool to have that logo on there.

Best regards
Creater

I struggled a bit but I believe it is due to my inexperience. On the Thingeverse link I tried to explain how I went about. What software are you using to design it? The trick is to ā€œunionā€ the two parts at the end. You are welcome to PM me or contact me on Discord (see Snapmaker Discord). Iā€™m attaching the STL file I cut out of @rojaljelly 's part. Maybe we can get the original from him.

Snapmaker Logo Rev 7.stl (2.0 MB)

1 Like

Hi!
Here you can download my dxf file for the snapmaker logo:
snapmaker.rar (8.5 KB)

1 Like

I have done a slight modification to the revised 1.1 box. I was concerned about the base plate brackets adhering to the box when glued, so I slotted the box and added tabs to the brackets for a more secure attachment. Itā€™s in the process of printing now (started last night and is now past halfway).

Accessory Box.zip (792.6 KB)

Thank you very much @rojaljelly . Unfortunately I have a problem creating a sketch with the dxf file in Onshape. The logo is just way to big and I am unable to scale it down as you can see below. Any idea how to fix this?

Let me know how well this works out for you. I didnā€™t printed the updated 1.1 myself yet, but I tested some glue on a two millimeter strong PLA rectangle and it was just so strong that I hadnā€™t any concerns of the plate clips adhering to the box.

Iā€™m using PETG, which is a little harder to glue than PLA.

I was able to get the logo on the updated 1.1 version using Blender. I can do the same for any other version.

Assessory Box with Logo.stl (3.1 MB)

I had to edit the DXF file to change ā€œAC1006ā€ to ā€œAC1009ā€ before the Blender DXF Import Add-in would take it.

Really nice! I didnā€™t work with Blender so far, but wanted for a long time. I will try it myself.

Be ready to do lots of Google searches and watch lots of YouTube videos. Intuitive, itā€™s not.

My tool of choice is Fusion 360, but it wonā€™t natively handle high complexity meshes. It has some mesh tools, but theyā€™re not very comprehensive. Itā€™s great for creating complex objects from scratch though.