Model loads but doesn't print

I’ve got some STL files that I’ve successfully g-coded and they transferred to the Snapmaker with a problem. When I load the g-code file from the touchscreen it goes through the whole parsing process without an issue, but when then when I click start and it says “Transferring to the touchscreen”, the little swirly thing goes around twice and then returns to the start screen again.

Anyone else had an issue like this?

The size of your object shows 360 which is too big for SM to handle.

-S

That’s really odd. When I load the STL file into Cura (or Luban) there’s nothing that’s going outside the bounds of the box. It’s two stone pillar models.

When I load the g-code back into the workspace, nothing seems be going outside of the bounds so long as you discount the first transition from the corner.

Try just one at a time? You should also be seeing a preview pic on the screen shouldn’t you? (Or perhaps that’s only using USB files…)

I think it’s the slicer that governs it. Luban embeds a preview into the gcode file, but other slicers don’t.

Ah, thanks for that; as I’ve managed to stick with Luban as ‘good enough’ I did not know.

My apologies for injecting noise.

Luban uses a proprietary method of inserting the image, while the other slicers use the open standard. For Cura, there is an addon that inserts a Snapmaker friendly image. I don’t remember the name of the addon though.

I’m beginning to think it’s a firmware issue. I hadn’t used the snapmaker since last summer because of house remodeling and computer failure so I (mistakenly) auto-updated to the latest firmware when I started using the printer. So I’ve rolled back from 1.14.2 to 1.14.1 to 1.13.2 (which starts the print but hangs at the beginning) to 1.13.1 where it loads and starts to print and creates a mess all over the print surface (apparently I need to re-calibrate the printer)