Material Profiles In Cura?

Hi Folks,

Question? If I have material profiles in Cura, with specific settings, will those take precedent over Snapmaker settings. And if I want those to take precedent how do I accomplish that. Thanks Folks!

If you’re creating g-code in another program and using luban to transfer it, it doesn’t do anything to it. It’s just the same as exporting to a usb and running from there.

-S

My understanding is that Cura applies the settings in the Snapmaker (machine) profile first, then overrides these with the settings in material profiles. There are some settings, however, which are only in the machine profile - in particular, some extruder settings which emit a warning when you modify them.

I have been making specific filament-and-print-quality profiles (e.g. “Matte PLA - Fast”), tuning the profile based on small test prints. It looks like additional profiles will be needed to handle various sizes/classes of jobs (solid, tall, overhang, etc). Trying to get successful orints simply through combinations of machine and material profiles did not work for me - but perhaps I just need to create better per-filament profiles.

Sorry, misunderstood what you were asking about.
I haven’t needed to get into that much tweaking and haven’t noticed this as an issue.
I pretty much have 3 profiles (PLA, PETG, TPU) and then just slightly alter them depending upon the filament brand (generally just nozzle temp) and model (supports, brim/raft/skirt, infill type/amount)

Someone else who does more playing around with Cura will have to answer.

-S