M73 Instructions

Hi I was wondering if there was any way to get Snapmaker to better integrate with Octoprint especially with the M73 Instructions Plugin in order to get a sense of the progress on the Snapmaker Screen. Currently when I send a print job to Snapmaker with Octoprint the screen doesn’t change to indicate that a print is in progress.

As I am building an array of Snapmakers in my home, it would be incredibly useful to be able to use the screen as a information screen to get a quick overview of the print jobs.

You would need to request that feature get implemented on Github. It’s of course technically possible, but obviously not implemented now.

I don’t think there’s really an adequate workaround for what you want, you would need to check the status of each octoprint individually I think unless there’s some central monitoring plugin that would let you see the status of all of them at a glance on a big monitor or something.

I think in your feature request you would be asking for M73 to allow custom functionality with the touchscreen including the ability to 1) indicate to the controller a print has started or stopped and 2) the ability to update progress on the touchscreen in percent and/or time remaining.

It might actually be easy enough to mock up a firmware change where the touchscreen is notified if it’s beginning a print or not, as that functionality already exists, just not yet mapped to M73. I don’t think there’s a method of reporting progress, however. That would require new functionality be added to both the touchscreen and controller, which only the devs can do.