Luban hangs when generating gcode for laser

Greetings,

I have a continual issue where when Luban generates gcode it hangs at some percentage indefinitely. I have reproduced it on several
recent versions and it is quite simple to reproduce:

1. open luban
  2. goto workspace and connect printer (I’m using wifi connection to an A350 and must use the + button and IP as its never found my printer on the wifi network for whatever reason)
  3. hit back, and load something like Rhino wood
  4. hit next and generate gcode and it will hang at 5%

In case it matters I’m using Linux on a Chromebook

Observations:

• If I do not connect to a printer I never see the hang
  • If I vary the order of operations above it will sometimes hang at different percentages
  • I see the following from the console in case this indicates the root cause (strange that its talking about extruders when I’m doing a laser operation and strange that there are 2 as I have it configured for single extruder)
    2022-06-12T22:07:11.540Z - error service:definition JSON Syntax error of: snapmaker_extruder_0
    2022-06-12T22:07:11.614Z - error service:definition JSON Syntax error of: snapmaker_extruder_1

I’ve tried removing all stored settings on the Linux system (~/.config/snapmaper-luban and ~/.snapmaker-luban.json)

I see several other posts in the past on the forum that look just like this.

Tim

This issue has something to do with being connected to the snapmapker. I am not clear why creating Gcode would need to communicate with the snapmaker but when the ‘generating gcode’ hangs, I can hit ‘disconnect’ on the snapmaker touch controller and the gcode generation continues on.

So this means the only way I can use camera capture to center the objects correctly is to connect to the snapmaker, use the camera to grab the background, move the object as appopriate, generate the gcode, wait for the hang, disconnect the snapmaker to get past the hang, then send gcode to workspace, goto workspace, reconnect.

Any idea what is causing this?

Tim

Offtopic, but this is likely a setting on your wifi router. Most routers now come with a “hide wireless devices from each other”, and it’s usually enabled now. Most people just use the internet over wifi now, and aren’t transferring files between laptops. This is seen as a security feature, to prevent rogue/pwned devices from discovering too much information.

The failure to scan the printer via wifi I believe is because I’m using a Linux VM (crostini) via Chrome OS and I don’t think Chrome passes that traffic to/from the VM - I had forgotton about that.

Oh yeah, you’re on your own once you start running VMs. :stuck_out_tongue: