Luban hangs up when creating G-Code for multiple bodies

I recently received my SnapMaker A350 and put it to work. Machine works great. The problem I am having is with the software. It works great for single parts but when I need to print multiple parts I would like to fill up the bed and print as many as possible to avoid having to restart the machine over and over on each part. The most I seem to be able to nest into the workspace is 3 (and I’m talking about seriously simple prismatic topology parts here). if I place 4 or more copies of the part into the workspace, two things happen. First, the performance begins to degrade with each additional body, Second is that when you hit the Generate G-Code button, Luban begins the process where it displays “Preparing to Slice” in the status line. after a few minutes the screen turns white except for the top line menu. I can get the view back if i click “View”, then click “Reload”. Has anyone else bee successful in running multiples of parts in one build?

I created a workaround for it where I take those same parts in CAD and join them together into a single body by adding small bridges between them. Then Luban works great and generates the G-code without any issue.

Anyone?

Which version of Luban are you using?

I have successfully added up to at least 8-10 parts. Relatively small ones, but more all of them covering an area of about 20x25cm.

Any specific print settings you are using, or just the standard profiles?

I just recently installed Luban about three weeks ago and had the same issue, but I downloaded the new release two days ago so its version 3.12.3

At the time I was using the normal print mode. It doesn’t seem to matter which print profile i choose, it does the same on all settings. it only seems to care about the body count. anything over three routinely will not generate gcode. I did manage to get more than three on there once and it worked, but i did nothing different in the workflow to get it done. So far its only worked that one time.

I am using it on Windows 10 with the absolute latest in updates on HP zBook with an intel Core i7 Pro processor with an nVidia Quadro K3100m Vid card (thinking that it may be graphics related)
My system is a high performance machine made for CAD so it has lots of RAM, and Diskspace as well as a workstation class Graphics card with lots of onboard RAM. Im hoping its nothing hardware related… Drivers?

I just did some testing and have been able to add 17 different (small) objects and everything went ok.

However, those are/were relatively simple models. I loaded up some more complex models and then I did succeed in letting Luban crash. Well, the window was still there but it went all blank on was no longer useable. In the windows resource monitor I saw the memory spike using all of it (16GB in my case) and then suddenly the memory usage of Luban dropped to almost nothing and the application was useless.

So I’m guessing the limitation is more based on the complexity of the models than the actual model count. And this does make sense from a computational perspective.

Generating the gcode is mostly cpu- and memory-bound. I’m not aware of them using the graphics card for any type of acceleration.

I would suggest you make an issue on the github page for Luban: https://github.com/Snapmaker/Luban/issues
Make a short report about which models you are using and what you’re trying to do so the developers can have a look at it.

Sounds good to me, I will do that.
that is exactly the behavior i see. A blank white screen with the menus up top, and they are clickable. Hitting Reload will being the screen back to normal.
Im not sure that complexity is the issue though, As those same models that fail, will work if the use a CAD editor and bridge them into a single body.
I’ll visit github when i get a chance and log it there.

Thanks for verifying that its not just me!