Luban disconnect during the print

Hi all,

a have a A250 and do 3D-Printing at the moment. My prints never start because the filament runout discovery always show up, so it is a bug that can’t be repaired right now (different story). So i have to connect the printer via USB/COM8 with a PC and Luban every time to dissable the filament runout (M412 S0).
But sometimes/often this connection disconnect during the print, so i am not connected with the PC and the machine anymore. So i can’t enable the filament runout discovery.
Then i hit the disconnect button and try to re-connect, but that never works. Then it says “machine is not ready”.
Any idea why this is happening and how to avoid that.
Or is it just impossible to get a connection from PC/USB to the machine during a print???

Probably need to adjust your filament run-out sensor:

-S

Well thanks for that post, but my sensor is not loose and i hear the click. So this dont work for me.
So my question is about the unconnecting software and if it is possible to connect to a running machine?

I cannot provide guidence on your communication issue outside of stating i believe i have successfully rebooted the computer to get back into the console

However… i have a suggestion for you to try… if your switch is triggering and you can hear it, it seems likely the contact went bad.

If you care to remove a few screws, you can access the board inside the module.

If you unplug the switch from the board, your issue might go away… unless the board is fried. it is simple 2 wire connector that plugs into the board inside, along side the fans and motor controller.

if you would like some pictures of the inside, instructions on how to get in there, etc… i would be glad to help you.

it is a normally closed switch, so therefore when the switch is triggered the circuit opens, therefore disconnecting it should bypass the issue.

@Edwin does that sound right?

edit: after further consideration, another possible work around might be to use a different serial terminal program to send your gcode command.

I was not really aware that you could issue a gcode command to force filament recovery and wonder if anyone has tried to exploit this for a color change.

You can also use M119 to see the filamentsensors state.

Luban will send messages to controller after your click the “connect” button. If Luban does not receive any response from the controller, it will indicate that the machine is not ready.

You are not allowed to connect or control the machine and your PC via serial port during printing now.

So would you agree the only solution is to bypass the switch by disconnecting it?

Well that sounds worse. Now no more M221 adjustments I guess. It’s now even more imperative that flow adjustments be added to the touchscreen.

Right?

Maybe he meant outside of the luban connection? I hope??? That sounds pretty regressive to me lol

But that doesnt make sense, people are using octoprint?

Unless he is saying jobs executed via touch screen are closing the serial communication.