Communication issue

Hello,

I am using the A350 with the 3d printing head on.

I assembled last night (what a cool experience that was) and started printing my first profiles.

I had tried to execute the print from the Luban software but it was not really acting right, and the machine was kind of stuck where it would say check machine status and try again.

I rebooted and started up again, and this time I did a local print, which it began working just fine and has been running for 8 hours.

I wanted to see more information about the printing process, because the display showed me time remaining etc and I thought maybe on the computer it could give more details like total filament weight to be used etc.

So I clicked connect and then conformed on the machine, to which it said the printer head would have to go to home before it would do it, and before I could even click anything it just closed the connection on the computer side.

So now on the printer, it thinks I am connected (and is no longer displaying information about time remaining) and I am not able to connect to the machine.

What can I do to get this where I can see whats happening without having to quit the print job?

Nothing, you must connect with the pc before starting a print. I’m surprised the print is continuing and didn’t fail when you tried to connect the pc.

I have noticed some interesting behavior with Luban - I can connect to it mid print over wifi, and also disconnect without it stopping. More experimenting needed…

In another topic Staff confirmed there is a bug in Luban and the firmware that will be fixed someday. Currently, Luban connects over wifi to the print in progress and loads the gcode, I guess so you can see how the print is going. But it loads the wrong gcode right now.

@parachvte this seems like a question for you.

Well if i were to reboot my machine, and connect via PC, can i resume the print at that point or no?

not sure, i have never tried that. if you do let us know how if it works! :slight_smile: