Live view/status print

Hey all,

I would love to take a film my prints.

I would be nice to be able to check my print out when not in the room and maybe even pause or cancel the order. It seems obvious to make an app out of luban for this. Also you often see these timelapse video’s of printers. I want to make those for my prints.

Does anyone have a setup working for the artisan. I am thinking of a octopi setup.

Any advice?

thanks!

1 Like

You could try this one: https://www.3djake.de/mintion/beagle-camera?sai=13457&gclid=CjwKCAjw_YShBhAiEiwAMomsEMaldLXSw39mf84q7vZppP9sG1xf3WM-e_s9Yui-Ccg14a-7EKSRCRoCk6gQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Old phones work great for this.

-S

1 Like

Looks good,!, the Artisan however is not on the list of supported printers. Do you have experience with this cam and the Artisan?

I ordered it, lets find out!

I actualy use this at the moment with 2 iphones on facetime or whatsapp video call, also used a babymonitor for a while. I did wonder about the heat within the enclosure of the artisan.

Currently I contected a Raspberry PI 3B+ with a USB cam and the Artisan.
On the PI is Octoprint running.

This is a message from Mintion

The beagle camera can remote view and generate time-lapse video(with timer timelapse video mode), but the remote control will unavailable.

Also from Mintion

Our technical department is conducting research on laser engraving machines. Optimistically, it is possible for our beagle camera to achieve full functionality.

Please report back how it is working :slight_smile: