Linear Advance, K900 Enabled in SM A350 firmware?

Is Linear Advance enabled in the stock firmware builds.

M900: Get or Set Linear Advance K-factor

Here is the code for your reference:

Cheers
Edwin

1 Like

Ok, on line 25 we have “#if ENABLED(LIN_ADVANCE)”

And that’s my question, is it enabled by default in the factory builds.

It’s enabled and is visible in M503

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I needed

I was having some trouble with prints and I noticed my linear advanced setting wasn’t saved, it reset back to 0. I know I saved it with m500 when I did my firmware update. Anyone else have an issue with this? I saved my settings ran a calibration cube checked my settings and it was back to 0!

Firmware updates apparently nuke all the saved settings.

I suspect linear advance needs to be tuned to temperature, filament, nozzle dia, and speeds.

I put mine in the startup gcode

1 Like

I’ve gotten in the habit of saving my M503 config in a text file, and then after firmware updates pasting that into the console to execute all of the commands, followed by M500 to save.

1 Like

Guys my k value for some reason is not being remembered. I save it do a m503 to recall, and it’s there. I shut down the system and then start it up and it’s back to zero. I want to add it in my start Gcode, can I put it anyplace or do I have to put it in a certain spot? I’m using latest version of Cura.

Preferably before the first extrusion move, near the top.

Latest firmware version? I just looked in the firmware code and linear advance is getting written and read from the EEPROM. Maybe there’s a memory issue? Not sure.

1 Like

Okay I’ll try that. I have the latest version of the firmware. It used to save when I shut the system off, I’m sure of it. It’s saving my extrusion rate, but not my k value, am I doing something wrong? I update my value with a M900 K=*****
The M500 to save it. I Recall values with a M503 and everything is updated.

It’s possible something is broken with the EEPROM schema, not sure. Probably best to open a github issue and maybe try it on older firmware versions and see which revision broke it to help them speed up the troubleshooting.

1 Like