Laser Problems after Firmware Update

I’ve been fighting with this all day. I hope there is an easy answer.

I tried to do an engraving using the camera feature this morning. The camera calibration seemed to work OK, it cut the sheet and I only had to tweek a little in Luban. Followed the directions exactly like the video but it kept trying to start off the top right of the plate.

Seeing there was a new firmware, I updated thinking it may solve the issue. Tried to print again and same issue. I figured I would give up and print using the coordinates. I tried to calibrate the height, but it will only print about half of the test lines before fading to nothing and failing. I’ve tried to set it manually, but it won’t work. I’ve tried to calibrate the camera now and it won’t cut the paper.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve removed the enclosure in case it was an unlikely issue. I have tried to refocus with a different thickness of material and the laser will not burn any lines. The laser is at 100% in the settings. This is driving me crazy.

It would appear that my laser varies in height as it travels across the x axis. I tried recalibrating again and found that as I moved the laser across, it changes height. Any ideas how to correct this? I am not having much fun with this…

hello, I have exactly the same problem as @Stephen
with my Snapmaker A250, after the update the laser does not engrave / cut all the lines requested …

I have to go back to the old firmware version?

Sound like your two X axis rails are out of alignment. Power off the machine and push both sides of the X axis up to the top before powering back on.
I always make sure I push the sides of the X axis to the top when ever I change the bed/head or when I have a mishap!
Alternatively align the X axis using Brent113’s 1-2-3 block method.