Laser Cut Birthday Card

Took some time off from my cribbage board project to make a birthday card for my daughter.

This was real easy, I just googled for laser cut birthday card template and found a nice one for cheap.

The wood was one of the 2mm birch sheets that I got with the kickstarter. The only complication I had was that I used Lightburn to generate the g-code (I suppose Luban probably would have done just as well) and it by default it ran the laser way way too fast and I had to go back and slow it down to 150mm/sec and do four passes. Overall it took about 2 hours to cut.

I went to Michaelā€™s and bought a sheet of sparkly paper, cut it to match and glued it to the back of the cutout. I then took the ā€œbacksideā€ of the card that you can see in the top two pictures and I glued that to the back of the paper. Ta da and it was done.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy. Someone on FB did the exact same thing. What are the chances?

Very cool!
Love how it turned out!

-S

1 Like

Hello StumpleRunner,

which Steps down you use for the four passes ?

No step downs, it just took the laser 4 passes to cut through the birch sheet at that speed. If Iā€™d reduced the speed further it probably would have gone through faster but the edge burning would have been much darker.

but wonā€™t it make it look more cooler when the edge is a little more darker, adn can do it as a personalized birthday gift?