Laser 20w and original enclosure

Hi guys,
Need your support. I like my artisan 3D print so I bought a 20w laser to love it even more. But I was surprised when I tried to run my new laser. I need an original enclosure…:((
I’ve built my own safe and functional enclosure so can anyone send me a picture of original enclosure converter or a part number? As I saw, it is a part of a long beam. I will try to find this part to buy. Original enclosure is more expensive then 20W laser :frowning:
Best regards
Mirek

Do you get a specific warning from Luban or over serial?

No, from central unit - case not close… and can’t even calibrate laser.
I don’t know how to simulate an enclosure converter. The are only 4 pins for this on the control system unit but without any schematic I will not take the risk. :slight_smile:

INCORRECT INFO

You should be able to set M1010 S0

I don’t know if is saved to EEPROM though.

Sorry, this info only applies to SM2.0 as found in this topic: How to disable door open for laser? - #2 by buckfast_beekeeper.

In your case you do not have a sensor to put a magnet on, so I think your only option is modifying the firmware and remove this if statement:

Perhaps someone has a better suggestion…

First Information on 20w Shop Page is a big warning:

To use the 20W/40W Laser Module on Snapmaker Artisan 3D Printer, you must acquire the Artisan Enclosure. The Enclosure is not available for online purchase. Kindly contact our customer service team at info@snapmaker.com to make a purchase.

We had another case of that earlier here and as I remember correctly: for Artisan, there is no way to run the without enclosure.

But maybe Just kindly write to info@snapmaker.com as they offer.

Good luck!

Can’t understand Snapmaker politics. The same laser is used in a Snapmaker Ray and can operate without enclosure. I hope I can find a place to buy an enclosure converter so I can use my diy enclosure with my laser. Still looking for picture or part number.
Thanks for your support

1 Like

Doesn’t the Artisan only come with the enclosure? I have the 2.0, so I don’t know for sure about the Artisan, but I thought it came with enclosure, Laser, CNC, and dual extruder?

You can purchase a 3D printing edition without enclosure.

There is a little hope I can get the enclosure converter for my local distributor but I need your support. Can anyone send me a picture of this element to my priv? It can be very helpful
Thanks
mm

Hi @MirekM

Have you reached out to info@snapmaker.com? They’re quite responsive and should be able to help you promptly.

I’ve tried but they just offered me a complete enclosure for 799€!
More then 20w laser… that’s I’m looking for a picture of this converter to show my local distributor what I need