Keeping the right sizes when importing

Hi guys! Please apologies, we just bought a Snapmaker A350 and we have to learn a lot. Could anybody tell me what to do to keep the right sizes after importing an SVG file to Luban? The object appear much smaller and it’s really annoying. And anorher thing which will be probably easy to answer: how can I set the different parts to be engraved and just lined? Shoul I have to create different layers in Inkscape, importing them then give the right command? Thank you in advance! Miki

Try searching the forum. These questions have been answered multiple times recently.

-S

1 Like

That sounds like maybe your SVG is dimensioned out in imperial while the machine uses metric.

Looks like you are not getting any help on your sizing of imported SVG files. I have the same problem. Essentially the size in Luban seems to be related to the actual size that was zoomed to in my CAD program (TurboCAD). i.e. if I zoom out in T’CAD before saving so that the object is very small in the middle of the screen then the image imported into Luban is also very small if I zoom in in T’CAD so that the image fills the screen or even over laps it then the image produced in Luban is very large. There is no correlation between the real T’CAD size and what appears in LUBAN the only thing that comes across is the shape. I did try DXF from T’CAD but LUBAN fails to pars the file. I have been working with a simple square 20mm on a side.