Issues with my snapmaker 2.0 3D Printing

i have 2 issues with my snapmaker 2.0 with 3d printing

1. i can’t get rid of stringing

2. when after ive calibrate bed after a few prints the nozzle starts diging in to the print bed

any one got any ideas of things to try to fix this?

Stringing needs a lot of testing.
Filament, print temperature and retraction are the main factors.
Print a temp tower and see what you get.

My bed stays on the same calibration for weeks, I guess your first layer was too close after calibration.
How do you calibrate? I suggest to calibrate hot with your normal bed temperature (60°C maybe?) , but let it sit and expand for 30mins and then calibrate.
Hope it helps a bit)

1. You need to fully calibrate and tune your machine. Reference the TeachingTech or Ellis3DP tuning guides for further info.

2. This is known as “thermal drift” or thermal/heat expansion. Once the bed has reached temperature, it can take up to an hour for the thermal expansion to stabilize. Calibration and printing should not be done before this expansion has completed. The difference in the bed height can be quite significant.

i change my print temp from 200c to 190c that help alot of stringing but there still abit i cart get rid of try changing Retraction settings up and down but not got perfiect print yet

ok thanks i did not think of that will try that and see if still happens

ok thanks will look at them guides and try that with bed issue

should i pre heat be for use as well or just be for calibration?

For me it depends on the model size.
Most time I sit near the printer when I slice a model so I preheat for faster first layer observation… I print petg, I would not preheat with pla, I guess.

hi trying to get rid of this last bit of string any ideas droped RT setting down from 1.0 to 0.3 and tryed droping temp down too 185 and 180 no luck can’t get ridd of the last bit?

useing cura 5.5

What’s about part cooling fan?

sorry what ya mean?

Did you activate your part cooling fan in gcode generation?
Maybe for excessive fast layers. What slicer do you use?

where do i check that in settings?

cura 5.5

Check your cooling settings, minimum layer time, here is a Google search:

https://support.makerbot.com/s/article/1667417947135

The snapmaker pla is not the best choice because of badly print finish in the past.

I printed it with 190°C in the beginning…

Here is an forum thread for reading:

For best results, you should preheat for both.

fan speed 100.0
man fan speed 100.0
reg fan speed 100.0
reg/max fan speed threshold 10.0
inital fan speed 0.0
reg fan speed at height 0.2
reg fan speed at layer 2
min layer time 5.0
mini speed 10.0
lift head off

theres are my cooling settings at mo

i’m useing sunlu PLA +
printing at 190

could it be over extruding could calibrate extruder help?

Extruder calibration is a must have with single extruder because of underextrusion.

I use a retraction of 1mm @35mm/s.
I would suggest to observe the print, maybe it’s old filament on your nozzle from too close bad layer?

is that the retack speed @35mm/s.?

i think it was fillement i’m having issues with leveling can’t seem to get the right distances what is the trick you use?

My retraction setting with single extruder was 1mm with a speed of 45mm/s.
For the dual extruder I now use 1mm with a speed of 35mm/s.
I guess the main indicator beside temperature and retraction is the quality and moisture of filament.
Never had big challenges with brand filaments except a few single ones.

A bit of stringing is kind of normal at 3d printing, if you can’t get rid of it, try another spool (different brand, color,…) or accept it.

A bit of merchandise, I love extrudr filament, it’s produced in Austria and the quality is great.

I wonder if this could be related to quick swap. I just saw this for the first time. Freshly put the print head, calibrated with heated bed, make a print, nozzle scrapes the bed after one good print. I ended up with a manual live Z-Offset of +0.55mm (!!). How could the calibration be off by half a mm, I had never seen this before. I will now precautionary lift the Z-Offset after new calibration to make sure I rather print “in the air” first before damaging the bed and/or nozzle.

@newbe

Here are my recommendations:

1: preheat your bed for 30 minutes before calibrating.
2. try a higher printing temp. I usually print PLA @ 220 and have no stringing issues at all. This is fine for most objects.
3. retraction @ 1 mm should be fine as a starting point.
I know a lot of “experts” suggests lowering printing temp to reduce stringing when printing PLA, but this is bad advice in my opinion. If you set the printing temp high enough the stringing usually goes away, if you have retraction enabled…

The most likely reason that your calibration is off is because the bed will bowl shape itself when the underside is hotter than the top side. When the underside and topside are more evenly heated, the bed is usually more flat…