Issues with my snapmaker 2.0 3D Printing

hi is my nozzle too close or too far from bed?

Looks just right to me…

only one of the square are smooth and sum of circles are not grate around edges

Looks great.

This is called “thermal drift,” where the height of the bed (and gantry, if enclosed) changes over time due to the expansion from heat. It can take as much as 1hr or more after reaching a stable temp for the expansion to also stabilize.

Oh wow. I thought I was covered by heating the bed before calibration, but it makes sense, as currently my studio has 12 to 14°C when I come in the morning.

OK, I did only look on the general evenness, because you asked explicitly for Z-Offset. What you describe and what I seem to see in the image can have several reasons:

• Over/Under-Extrusion: I seem to see effects of both. So, first I’d do extruder calibration (there’s a post on that). After that, if you have some underextrusion, you need to play with retraction settings, mainly with “extra prime amount”.
  • “Scratches” on the surface: I assume that’s what you mean by “not smooth”. To avoid the nozzle scratching across already finished parts, activate “Z-Hop”. Also, there’s “Ironing” that may improve surface quality if you want it smoother.
  • Bad filament: Extrusion inconsistencies can result from low-quality filament - try a different brand if you’re not satisfied, but honestly, as far as I can judge from your picture, it does not look too bad after all…

Regarding too low/high: Your first layer seems to stick well in all places, so I guess you got that right. And again: Your result does not look too bad to me!

1 Like