Intermittent loss of enclosure control during prints

I don’t know if this is a new firmware bug, or some other issue I am just now seeing. It hasn’t happened since my enclosure install, and never happened before the last firmware drop.

I have run 5 3d prints since the last firmware drop. On two of them, I lost the ability in the “adjust” side swipe to turn on/off the lights or exhaust fan of the enclosure. I’m not exactly sure if it’s lost from the beginning or drops out in the middle of the print. I’ve started to check regularly, but these intermittent failures can be a pain to track down.

Once a print which doesn’t have the “enclosure” button in the side swipe adjust list completes, I can then turn the light and fan on/off again in the touchscreen controls.

Has anyone else seen this?

This is the first thing I tried as well - reseating the connectors. None of them apeared loose from inspection prior to me reseating them… and I also couldn’t tell any difference.

I’ve got a good 6-10 print jobs in the queue for various people, with print time between 1-20 hours, so lots of opportunity to see how it goes. From what I can tell, the enclosure is detected just fine when everything is sitting idle, and it’s only happening when a print starts(?)/during job(?). Was that your experience as well?

OH boy! I wonder what changes they snuck into this firmware, now. Perhaps they are getting ready for the silent linear modules and some semi-functional code is messing with the controller+touchscreen?
Hope you are getting a replacement module soon!

Hi @NilartPax Which version of the firmware you are using? We just released the v1.13.1 firmware. You may have a try with it.

There has been no problems with this issue since last firmware drop (1.13.1). However, wifi is another story all together.