Insufficient blower capacity

I have given up the original blower and replaced it with a professional air compressor. The fire warning will not appear, and the wooden boards are no longer blackened.
Snapmaker should change the air blowing equipment, at least the air output should be more than double the current one.

Currently I use a 2hp air compressor.

thank you for this tip. Which compressor do you use ?

Kind rgards
Franz

General 2HP air compressorimage0.jpeg

從我的iPhone傳送

Thank you.

I am afraid that is too big for my workshop. However, I can imagine that it works fine.
All the best with it.

Kind regards
Franz

There are many benefits. Smoked, scorched, and fire will no longer happen.

從我的iPhone傳送

Decent sized compressor for air assist is great. I had a x-tool air assist and it was basically useless (ie. same as a small fish tank compressor). My 5 gallon DeWalt does the trick, albeit noisy.

I already asked myself if the original compressor is to weak or maybe does not work correctly… Is it normal that the wood on the backside has signs of smoke when you use the original compressor?
And could we expect that changing the compressor removes this signs of smoke will disappear completely? :slightly_smiling_face:

I have not yet cut a lot with my machine but have the impression that the compressor could be a bit stronger. However, I did not have problems with smoke signs on the back of the panels. I have only had some fire warnings when cutting thicker aircraft grade plywood.

Maybe the existing compressor could be set a bit higher ?

kind regards
Franz

Mmmh ok - I’ve got smoke signs on my cuts (3 to 8 mm plywood)… So maybe my compressor isn’t working how it should…

The first reason I replaced my air compressor was to prevent fire warnings.

I can’t say 100%, but the result will definitely satisfy you!!
[/quote]

Remember to drain the water from the air compressor!!

Hi jerrychen,

concerning the maintenance for the compressor, do you mean your replacement compressor or the original from snapmaker ?

I have not found any instructions concerning the maintenance of the original compressor.

kind regards
Franz

I rarely drain mine, but do use a water trap on the output.

If you store too much water, the gas storage capacity will be reduced. So it’s better to release water.
從我的iPhone傳送

At present, the air compressor I use has been replaced by me. The most important thing for the maintenance of the air compressor is to discharge water regularly.

從我的iPhone傳送