I have had a snapmaker 2.0 unboxed for a very long time

I also received upgraded (newer than what came with snapmaker) power supply, 3d print head, and linear rails. There is a warning that says to update the firmware before doing any functions but I can’t seem to figure out how to update the firmware without first doing a calibration. When it starts to do a calibration it makes a terrible (I mean terrible) noise so I turned the unit off and back on again, but again it wants to do a calibration before I can update the firmware. Does anyone know how to update the firmware without doing a calibration first?
Thank you

Update: I tried booting with all of the modules disconnected and was able to update via the USB method, then plugged everything back in turned it back on and did the usb update again to update the modules and it seems to be working ok now.

I had the same upgrades sitting for a long time as well, just installed everything last week. I didn’t update firmware (still on 12.4), and ran M502 (I think) to reset the new 20mm rails. Everything works just fine.