I cannot get Laptop/Lubon via USB to work

1.10.1 is very buggy, try reverting to 1.9 its much more stable. and i understand, i used to work in HVAC controls, so i have gotten them up into the 20’s but its pretty rare ^_^; so i wanted to be sure.

1 Like

Hey, to compare this topic:

1. Install the drivers for pc from the support homepage.
    https://snapmaker.com/product/snapmaker-2/downloads

2. Install the latest Luban release.

3. Connect your machine by plugging a USB MINI B (machine, next to the usb C of the touchscreen) to USB A cable (Pc side).

4. If you need to connect manually to a terminal, my baudrate (S3d) is 115200, slower or faster communication doesn´t work to me.

5. The Serial-Port is earlier available than the touchscreen.- Alternatively if it doesn´t connect yet, i would try to unplug the touchscreen to see if the terminal works now (maybe you ran into the first calibration or something else, this may cause the touchscreen to send the controller blocking code).

6. Trying other cables, USB-ports, updates.

Hope this helps!

I’m having the same problem but running on MacOS Catalina. I updated the SM 2.0 V1.10.1 firmware, running Luban 3.12.3, Installed the CH340 Drivers. Tried all 4 USB-C ports. Turned on and off the SM2. Installed the Driver twice with full reboot. I’m looking to perform an Extruder Calibration and I don’t see any other way without console access. Anyone else having the same issue?

You have to use the usb mini port, not usb a port

also, try another cord… that one will getcha everytime.

have you done this?

I’m using the USB mini-B port. I can confirm the USB cable is functional because I was successful in connecting my PC with the A350 and can execute console commands through it. However, it is non-ideal as all my productivity software are on my MBP. Any other ideas?

I dont know what you are asking here if you are issuing commands via usb and unsatisfied - outside of this statement:

it is not possible to have 2 way communication via wifi connection, you can send commands but not receive info

You must preform e-step calibration via usb in a console, such as what is included with luban.

are you trying to use some software for doing this?

There is a pretty straight forward method via console commands you can find here:

Teaching Tech 3D Printer Calibration (teachingtechyt.github.io)

luban is the conduit for wireless communication outside of jerry rigging, some people have made some work arounds but i dont know if that is available for mac/os at all.

outside of that, you can load files from a USB thumb drive but not just plug in a laptop to it and move files over or anything like that.

there is something called octopi which is a raspberry pie “print server” which communicates with the snapmaker console where you can run prints and etc, i believe this functions solely with g-code being issued directly from the pie to print over console.

I am attempting e-step calibration using the console commands described in the link above already. However, I am not able to connect to the A350 through Luban. When attempting to select a serial port connection in Luban, the printer does not show up. For my windows machine, I see a COM4 connection and I can select this and send console commands to the printer. I eventually used that to perform a proper e-step calibration. However, I was never able to connect through my MBP and I would still like to be able to do this for other calibrations or commands. I have already read that Wifi cannot be used for this. I am not asking about Wifi.

Oh okay i see now

I guess i was confused because the you were asking about estep and its not something you would need to do multiple times or anything.

I unfortunately am not a mac person, hopefully someone else can chime in, if the driver installation didn’t help i dont know what would.

I have this same issue with my Mac trying to connect to my A350. Have there been any updates on this?

I gave up and now use An OctoPi setup on a Raspberry Pi 4. Sigh.

I have had the same issue, but when I connect to my MacBook and then turn on the Snapmaker it works fine. Try playing around with the order you connect and turn on things.

I was getting very frustrated until I realized that the dropdown menu in the connection box has options in it (it looks disabled). When I clicked on it, the USB devices on my mac were listed (after installing the driver, multiple reboots, multiple tries, etc.), and I was able to pick the non-bluetooth port and connect.