How to install Firmware on a New A350

Just figured I would make this post as I could not find anything specifically relating to this with my new machine and hand to kind of watch some videos about other machines before figuring it out.

First off I just received my Snapmaker 2.0 A350 running the V1.8 firmware.

For those who do not know (Newbies like me) the A350 touchscreen will not offer you access to the home page via swipe left until after you complete the initial set up. ( I started with the print head module ) This means running the auto bed leveling, then saving the last height setting. It will then ask you to load the filament ( I just faked it ) and let it heat up to the 200C and followed the prompts without adding filament. Then it opened up to the screen which allows you to swipe left and access the files settings and controller page.

NEXT STEP:

Find the little USB that comes with A350 in the tool box and plug it into your PC. Go to the Snapmaker Homepage > https://snapmaker.com/product/snapmaker-2/downloads
Go down to FIRMWARE and download the most recent version of the Snapmaker 2.0. UnZip that file if needed and put the .bin file into the USB drive. Right click on your USB and tell your pc to eject the drive. Go to your A350 and make sure its turned off, Plug in the USB stick, Turn on the machine. Now go to the files folder, open the USB files, Tap on the bin folder. The Firmware should automatically install. This will now give you the ability to access the home page on start up of the A350. Also now if you go into the settings page you will now have the ability to update the firmware via WIFI connection should you so choose. ( Side note - I would also make sure you turn off the machine before adding or removing the USB drive. For safety )

Now you know as much as me when it comes to the new A350 and installing firmware for the first time. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Any subsequent problems?

Have you tried ā€œroll backā€ of the firmware (snapmaker2.v1.10.1)?

If so how?

Any dos and donts?

The firmware updates have been providing bug fixes and features (such as the enclosure), and you really should to them

However, alot of people say that 1.9 is most stable version, there are a couple of bugs on the ones after that, but there are bugs on all of them.

I personally use the most current and its fine for me

You can roll back to previous version of firmware, but if you are still on stock 1.8 as delivered - you should update immediately. There are some funky bugs on that one that under certain circumstances can cause your nozzle to dig into your bed.

As previously stated, once you do the firmware update, you will be able to do more of them via wifi.

1 Like

Many thanks for the help.

However like the man says in the movie, I like to think I can get out of trouble faster than I got into itā€¦

So as firmware goes the About Machine Firmware Version is blank so Im not entirely sure what version Iā€™m on, but assume 1.8

and secondly assume that I have to follow the same procedure using the USB stick to roll back to an earlier version

If you havent done any firmware updates, then you need to. im sure its 1.8.

You will never, ever benefit from running the shipped firmware version

You may benefit from downgrading to 1.9 from 1.10, in which case you can do that wirelessly over luban i believe. I personally donā€™t have a need to, but it some people do encounter things that necessitate it.

Done ā€¦

V1.10.1 firmware installedā€¦

Thanks for the encouragement ā€¦

now I just need to keep my fingers crossed

The worst case scenario is you roll back to 1.9 if some bug is affecting your workflow somehow.

1.8 is flawed greatly.

Nice job!