How to connect my shiny new SM 2.0 A150 to my Chromebook?

is there an online version of Luban?
is there a slicer that produces files good enough to load via usb?
HELP!
please (sobbing)

1 Like

It’s apparently possible to load Cura, the standard slicer that Luban’s slicing code was forked from, on Intel Chromebooks, per https://3dprinterly.com/can-you-3d-print-with-a-chromebook/. That link also points to some alternate on-line slicers, but I’ve never tried them.

As far as I know, Luban is a local program for full desktop OSs only, sorry.

Long-term, you will likely want something more than a Chromebook for working with your Snapmaker. Don’t buy anything now, though—wait until chip prices come down again, then look into used laptops or small all-in-one desktop appliances.

1 Like

@Gilbert my friend recently got a chromebook and is using RealVision Online i heard its semi decent link: REALvision Online: The easy-to-use online 3d print slicer

Also if that doesnt work i have used Smart Slicer | AstroPrint®
it works fine

Oh also. since chrome ox is just scaled linux you can download snapmaker luban via linux How to Run Linux Apps on a Chromebook.

Thanks for your help everyone.
I tried installing Luban linux on the chromebook but didnt get very far. I’ve never used LInux before.
I have revived a very old windows laptop and its working ok for now.

I ran into the same situation with only having a Chromebook. I tried installing the Linux version but got hung up on some files that I couldn’t get to delete because the latest version doesn’t use those files anymore. I gave up after many hours and bought a lower end laptop. I dont regret it because I installed Cura, Fusion 360, and some other PC programs that are either not available on Linux or just a pain to get going.